• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hiiro no Kakera Episodes 1-6 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
Ya, definitely agreed with the strange endings each episode as I never bother to watch them now. I think this series still might have potential if they move through the story with more action than dialogue. If not, I might drop.

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
You gotta remember, this is based on an otome dating sim game, so those endings make sense given the context. Fujoshi tend to like to have their husbandos just as much as otaku like their waifus, its just not as well known.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm a Fudanshi and this show looks boring to me.

It doesn't help that it uses somewhat-realistic character designs for its guys. Maybe I'm too used to the moe style but I tend to like male characters that are more androgynous. There's something about many Fujoshi-targeted works that never really jived with me. Maye it's because I'm a guy *shrugs*
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is not a great show by any means. Not quite sure why I continue to watch. Insanity, mebbers?
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I heard deen murdered yet another visual novel is that true?
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
You gotta remember, this is based on an otome dating sim game, so those endings make sense given the context. Fujoshi tend to like to have their husbandos just as much as otaku like their waifus, its just not as well known.
Yet this show is projected to bomb. Fujoshi aren't pre-ordering this like mad. It's doing pretty badly in Amazon Stalker points.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Yet this show is projected to bomb. Fujoshi aren't pre-ordering this like mad. It's doing pretty badly in Amazon Stalker points.

is it because deen is doing another umineko on the source materal or is it because it's not that good
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Fujoshi don't buy DVDs/BDs as much as Otaku do.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
Besides, it's pretty easy to see the canon couples. It's an otome title. Those endings get racier with the recent episodes (Most recent guy introduced left nothing to the imagination.) I'm not seeing any fujoshi fodder here. Laughing
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I heard deen murdered yet another visual novel is that true?

for once I'm with this.

I am a full on shoujo romance fujoshi and I like the series but Deen....WHA THE F*** HAPPENED?

Compare this and hakouki! I mean, the animation is HORRIBLE! Distance shots are awful, action scenes suck, transitions from scene to scene are AWFUL and they COMPLETELY changed the character designs!

The characters don't look like they're from the game!

Mind you, I visit japanese hiiro threads and from the emoticons and stuff they say, they say that the animation sucks bad. Crunchyroll also said that 2chan fans were in a shock when they saw the key art. I was too. They looked completely different...and...le gasp! The guys didn't look even half as handsome as they were in the game!

All this plays a part. I hope Deen has learned a lesson. Its almost like they went, ' Oh Fujoshi will buy ANYTHING as long as bishies are in it! They won't care about animation! They won't care about character designs!' We'll just concentrate on Sankarea instead! Sankarea's not exactly doing amazing in Stalker either.

Deen, you could have had yourself a 9k seller, and you blew your chance. Let's hope Otomate sees these disastrous results and moves to another anime studio.

And I also hope J.C Staff see what happened here and don't repeat the same mistake....you don't mess with fujoshi.
Chagen46 wrote:

Fujoshi don't buy DVDs/BDs as much as Otaku do.

you're dead wrong man. sure they may not purchase 50k like Nisemonogtari but when they get their show, and if it is done well, they DO buy it. No. 6's sales were decent.

Hakouki and Uta Pri sold as good as high school dxd and haganai, uta pri sometimes better.
Ahiru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, this is not a great show by any means. Not quite sure why I continue to watch. Insanity, mebbers?

Kind of like why I could never figure out why I kept watching Brave 10, perhaps?

Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
This show even much weaker than "Brave10", because there were at least action sequences. And here we have it so bleak that it makes no worth at all.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Deen, you could have had yourself a 9k seller, and you blew your chance. Let's hope Otomate sees these disastrous results and moves to another anime studio.

Just curious since you seem in the know about what Fujoshi like, how do you know it would have sold nine thousand units per volume? Natsume Yuujinchou sells a bit better than that, and it doesn't even go directly for the Fujoshi market. And as you pointed out Hakuoki and Uta Pri have far, far better sales. Were you basing that figure of nine thousand off game sales or the like?

Anyway, it is nice to see that even diehard fans have standards, and that even if a company puts out a shoddy adaptation it won't mean that fans will automatically buy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1