• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of available novels out there?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote
Is there a list of available English translated novels out there? I can't seem to find a category here on the encyclopedia, unless I'm totally missing it. D:
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if there is a list, but the Viz website has all the ones they have released, and I am pretty sure they are the largest publisher of translated light novels in the USA.
Gwen-Hime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I know that someone made a really good list of light novels on Otakuzone that they keep updated(at least it was the last time I was there, almost a year ago)
I'll add the link to this post after I get home (school's blocking me from the site)

I hope it helps Anime smile
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf has a novel section, which covers pretty much anything that's in print.
mehamgul101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
these are such nice novel list and you can find more entertainment and bollywood movies related novels at here
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
RightStuf has a novel section, which covers pretty much anything that's in print.

TRSI's novel section covers what novels they can provide. However, it understandably doesn't cover OOP novels that can still be found in various smaller dealers' inventory. Still, as a first pass list, it's a good one.
Beaux10

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I would also be interested in such a list. I'm a fan of Boogiepop (I read Boogiepop at Dawn and I'll get to Boogiepop and Others after I make some more progress on my reading backlog) and I own the first Slayers novel. I'm thinking of getting Spice & Wolf or Vampire Hunter D, neither of which would be high priorities with a better selection of titles... (Nothing against either of these, I'm just saying that vampires and wolf-girls aren't my primary interests in literature Confused)

I don't read all that much so I like the fact that light-novels are short but still good reads. I do read a lot of sci-fi short stories, mainly Arthur C. Clarke and Asimov, though (being new to science-fiction, I decided to start with the essentials), so I don't limit my tastes to just Japanese literature, either.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LightNovels also has a pretty good list, though I don't know how complete it is, but it seems to have a good amount.
Saffire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Beaux10 wrote:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LightNovels also has a pretty good list, though I don't know how complete it is, but it seems to have a good amount.
It looks like a reasonable list of what's been adapted into anime, but it just scratches the surface of what's actually been written. Most of those aren't available in English at all though.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
No, that list looks about right, but chances are, you can find fan translations of them. Again, those are just Light Novels, meaning they're anime/manga like novels for the teens

Now, that's just the straight stuff, there are a a lot of other light novels on yaoi and stuff.
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Moonsaber wrote:
Not sure if there is a list, but the Viz website has all the ones they have released, and I am pretty sure they are the largest publisher of translated light novels in the USA.

Nope. Actually Viz hardly has any light novels. The high castle line (Haikasoru) are sci-fi books, mainly. Though, are rare few are light novels. They did release the Shakugan no Shana light novels though.

DNP is possibly the biggest now but most of their LNs are BL. Yen is not far behind. Though they haven't released many new series as of late.

We've released two light novels recently. ENMA the Immortal and A Caring Man. Obviously the Guin Saga is the proto-LN, also. We've got a handful of Japanese novels this summer... EDGE (by the creator of the RING series, Koji Suzuki), Beat Takeshi's A Guru is Born, Pro Bono, and City of Refuge. But these are a little meatier than light novels. Cool
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
rocketcat wrote:
Is there a list of available English translated novels out there? I can't seem to find a category here on the encyclopedia, unless I'm totally missing it. D:

Go to our site, www.vertical-inc.com, for an extensive list of Japanese novels in English. Wink
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Vertical_Ed wrote:
Go to our site, www.vertical-inc.com, for an extensive list of Japanese novels in English. Wink

<.<...I thought Vertical just stopped with all the novels, as they learned it wasn't worth the effort to translate any of them.
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Vertical_Ed wrote:

<.<...I thought Vertical just stopped with all the novels, as they learned it wasn't worth the effort to translate any of them.

LOL... We've released 4 in the last two months. With three more for the rest of the year.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
If you are looking for light novels Wikipedia has a good list of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_light_novels

Though a lot of these are OOP and some of them only one (or some) of the series ever got published in English.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1