• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo's Youth Healthy Development Council Looks at Yosuga no Sora

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
Reads: Yasuga no Sora is worth a lot of money to people who keep us in our pampered positions, and we want to avoid further pissing off the public so we can keep our comfortable jobs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
Bring on the pure blooded incest anime! They have little reason to keep on doing the "Non blood related" cop out now.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The council concluded that the anime does not violate the ordinance's new standards

Well shit, then what the hell does?

Truly, much ado about nothing.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Quote:
The council concluded that the anime does not violate the ordinance's new standards

hmm no idea then.. but i am still waiting for nisa or sentai to pick this one up >_>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
It is funny to think how unlenient they were when dealing with books before the 50's. Yet the council is giving this a free pass. Probably not what Ishihara intended.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
If I'm understanding the article right, does this mean KissXSis would get the hammer? Mind my knowledge of both is entirely second hand.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
If I'm understanding the article right, does this mean KissXSis would get the hammer? Mind my knowledge of both is entirely second hand.

I don't think so, since the MC is not actively trying to do his sisters... he's resisting, which would be a positive thing in their eyes, right?

Though Yosuga no Sora MC doesn't resist and they have sex like rabbits, so I dunno.
rejer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Bring on the pure blooded incest anime! They have little reason to keep on doing the "Non blood related" cop out now.

Yeah, it's such win situation for us who hate non-blood related twist. I guess now there will be much more good real sister animes.

But I wonder why Aki sora got owned though. I always felt like it was not because of incest but its excessive depictions of sex scenes that was problematic but I can't say for sure.
Unless she intentionally gave us "false" information for some unknown reason, I guess it was because of the mc that kept engaging with his older and younger sister at the same time without any restrains (and putting sexuality over feelings) that they'd thought the manga was encouraging incest.

Last edited by rejer on Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:

KissXSis isn't actually incest.

...well, Ako and Riko making out is, technically, I guess.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Polycell wrote:

KissXSis isn't actually incest.

...well, Ako and Riko making out is, technically, I guess.

That reminds me, I can't think of any dedicated sister incest manga/anime. This is a niche that needs to be filled
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
From what I've heard, they were brought together at the age where the stepsiblings copout doesn't actually work. I guess it'd depend on how Japanese law views snogging between "merely" legal siblings, though.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
From what I've heard, they were brought together at the age where the stepsiblings copout doesn't actually work. I guess it'd depend on how Japanese law views snogging between "merely" legal siblings, though.

While that is "technically" true, the big thing is that they are still not blood related, which makes it closer to childhood friends than incest.
shabaz92

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Quote:

Oh come on, we all know the REAL reason they spent time EXAMINING this show Wink
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
Dammit. I was hoping they'd ban it and the other worthless trashy incest anime that came before it (Incest is an abomination against nature and humanity and I don't care what you say, I still oppose it for being abhorrent), but I guess not. I have no problem with ecchi or hentai but perverse exploitation like this is crossing the line in my eyes.

And now I'm going to get swamped by people who somehow take offense to my personal opinion.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
And now I'm going to get swamped by people who somehow take offense to my personal opinion.
No, they'll take offense to your point of view that your personal opinion should be a basis on which others should be silenced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 16