• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2005-11-10]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
You know, I've been wondering... not sure if I got an answer before

when you send in a caption, is it necessary to include your mailing address already?

Or do I just send in a caption?

... anyway, thanks in advance
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quote
What DKL said and I still wonder if you are recieveing my captions....oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
The cats not exercising, it's running away from that whacko flake. Be truthful in your info!! No sugarcoating.

----------------

So now we have an explanation on why Initial D lost it's Eurobeat and got replaced by the shitty music of DJ Milky. God, that music was a horrible bastardization of Electronica and Hip-Hop.
ladholyman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
Well, I didn't put my mailing address....
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
ladholyman wrote:
Well, I didn't put my mailing address....

Did you win?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:30 am Reply with quote
To add onto the issue of music changing - a lot of time this is not done to make the show more "appropriate" for a new audience. As Gen Fukunaga once admitted in an interview, and was wise to dance around in the future, the music is often changed so that the company can gain royalties for the BGM in every market the show is played in.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
that was the funniest submission you could come up with? with all due respect that is the worst entry since this constest started.

Last edited by v1cious on Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:01 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
that was the funniest submission you could come up with? with all dure respect that is the worst entry since this constest started.

I thought the bike joke was a bit lame myself but like I said in the past me and jokes don't get along to well...so...I thought it was just me.
I thought my caption was funnier but of course that was me and I'm sure veryone else finds there own captions funnier as well .....mine was "This is my Blade, This is my sword, this is for fighting, this if for bungee cord." The joke I did get the idea off of the movie Full Metal Jacket but change the words from Rifle and gun to blade and sword and fun to bungee cord...reason for bungee cord not much rhymes with sword and I thought cord and for some odd reason I thought of him yelling out about suicide......and then bungee cord came to my head seeing Blade was for fighting sword is for th sucided by cutting the bungee cord..But I'm weird like that, so my humor probably isn't very funny is it people?
(Also, don't think of me as being a poor sportmanship here honestly I'm not a big Inyuyasha fan so I really didn't care if I win or not, I just like to enter for the fun of it.)
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:23 am Reply with quote
remember love wrote:

I thought my caption was funnier but of course that was me and I'm sure veryone else finds there own captions funnier as well .....mine was "This is my Blade, This is my sword, this is for fighting, this if for bungee cord." The joke I did get the idea off of the movie Full Metal Jacket but change the words from Rifle and gun to blade and sword and fun to bungee cord...reason for bungee cord not much rhymes with sword and I thought cord and for some odd reason I thought of him yelling out about suicide......

No offense dude, but that makes no sense. Just making two words rhyme isn't the same as riffing on a quote or making it funny. Especially if it's grammatically incorrect.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
remember love wrote:

I thought my caption was funnier but of course that was me and I'm sure veryone else finds there own captions funnier as well .....mine was "This is my Blade, This is my sword, this is for fighting, this if for bungee cord." The joke I did get the idea off of the movie Full Metal Jacket but change the words from Rifle and gun to blade and sword and fun to bungee cord...reason for bungee cord not much rhymes with sword and I thought cord and for some odd reason I thought of him yelling out about suicide......

No offense dude, but that makes no sense. Just making two words rhyme isn't the same as riffing on a quote or making it funny. Especially if it's grammatically incorrect.

Told you...I have a weird sence of humor.

EDIT: I think I didn't use commas though I think I might of used periods but I can't remember for the This is my blade. This is my sword. This is for fighting. This is for bungee cord. I really can't remember now if it was commas or periods oh well guess it doesn't really matter does it SakechanBD or Bamboo (you don't mind if I call you Bamboo do you or do you?).

Last edited by remember love on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
that was the funniest submission you could come up with? with all due respect that is the worst entry since this constest started.

In hindsight, that looked to me more of an insult to women than a funny comment.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:55 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
v1cious wrote:

In hindsight, that looked to me more of an insult to women than a funny comment.

I can see where you're coming from but it's all on good jokes,really. Hopefully, some people who are very strict won't find it offensive because it's all in good fun. Just like that senator and videos games (I won't say his name but he can't see the entertainment in fighting games or games stealing cars or first person shooter games, etc. actually I'm going on the assumption of all games by now lol (that probably wasn't funny either)
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote
I think the runner's up caption was much better, but that's just me. To each his own. *shrug*
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:
I think the runner's up caption was much better, but that's just me. To each his own. *shrug*

I kind of gotten that one because I have seen episodes of Inuyasha when he is called a Dog at times and somewhat of the ears.Would of been even funnier in my opinion if the contest was during Halloween that way dressing up like a hydrant would make even more sense to me.(I think he was called a dog or was it that wolf character that was called a dog...crap now I can't remember can someone answer this for me?)
lazuline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:22 am Reply with quote
I feel bad for Zach and all the star wars captions he's going to have to read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3