• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Request for an Additional Moderator

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I'd say tell them to take it to the Manga forum. The split threads could work in theory but if one of the threads is more populated than the other you could see people crossing over to the other thread so they have people to talk with.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Or should we just tell people who want to talk about the manga to take it to the manga forum?

Now this I could get behind or front of, as the only way to read something is to have material in front of you.

Considering we have a manga forum, this only makes sense that the forum would used.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
How would you guys feel about a system where we have two threads for popular shows based on manga? So one is for newbies, and one is for veterans who want to talk about how they think the show will go based on having read so much of the manga.

I don't think separate threads are needed, provided people have respect. With my oft-mentioned Fate/Zero thread, I don't think anyone has any problem with those of us who include details from the novels, F/sn anime, or F/sn VN, because we always use spoiler tags.

There are perfectly valid reasons to bring up manga details specifically (changes, speculation on how certain upcoming events may be adapted, etc) in an anime thread, and as long as the spoilers are tagged, I see no reason to disallow that discussion in the anime thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3