• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses (non-Adult)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Let me just say that not every Kodansha manga is automatically licensed by Kodansha Comics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
It's an international promotional site listing all their works.

For instance:
http://www.tms-e.com/english/search/index.php?pdt_no=158

Magic Knight Rayearth, licensed by Media Blasters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Hey Gkids has got the rights to From Up on Poppy Hill and where do I tell the staff that Gkids is licensing it in America? Can any one help me?
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GKIDS
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
CollegeSmart wrote:
Hey Gkids has got the rights to From Up on Poppy Hill and where do I tell the staff that Gkids is licensing it in America? Can any one help me?
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GKIDS

This thread is the place to tell us, and I've added them.
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Thank you very much EmperorBrandon and I mange to see it before this message. Thank you very much and I promise I will check my messages before. Very Happy
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Hi, calling staf members of my favorite Anime data website called Anime News Network. GKids is also the licensor for the movie A Letter to Momo and here is the source: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-21/gkids-to-release-i.g-a-letter-to-momo-in-u.s-theaters. Please notify me if one of you has put Gkids as the licensor for Momo. Surprised
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
CollegeSmart wrote:
Hi, calling staf members of my favorite Anime data website called Anime News Network. GKids is also the licensor for the movie A Letter to Momo and here is the source: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-21/gkids-to-release-i.g-a-letter-to-momo-in-u.s-theaters. Please notify me if one of you has put Gkids as the licensor for Momo. :o

Is it confirmed that they will be releasing it on home video? "Licensed by" is generally reserved for the company that has home video rights. GKids does theatrical distribution for a number of titles that other companies release to video.
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
Oh my bad and I thought that they will also be the licensor cause they said they have the rights. I am still learning about licensing, but I am getting close to master it. Also I think FUNimation or Viz Media should be the true licensor. We cool? Cool
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
CollegeSmart wrote:
Hi, calling staf members of my favorite Anime data website called Anime News Network. GKids is also the licensor for the movie A Letter to Momo and here is the source: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-21/gkids-to-release-i.g-a-letter-to-momo-in-u.s-theaters. Please notify me if one of you has put Gkids as the licensor for Momo. :o

Is it confirmed that they will be releasing it on home video? "Licensed by" is generally reserved for the company that has home video rights. GKids does theatrical distribution for a number of titles that other companies release to video.

On this note, Gkids has now confirmed on Twitter that they will be handling the home video release, so I've added A Letter to Momo as licensed.
themasterc256

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Saban Brands is the new licensor of Sonic X in the U.S., and Konami is the new licensor of Yu-Gi-Oh!*, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, as stated in the article below:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-26/4kids-sells-yu-gi-oh-cw-network-related-assets-jointly-to-konami-kidsco

*The 2000 series
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
themasterc256 wrote:
Saban Brands is the new licensor of Sonic X in the U.S., and Konami is the new licensor of Yu-Gi-Oh!*, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, as stated in the article below:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-26/4kids-sells-yu-gi-oh-cw-network-related-assets-jointly-to-konami-kidsco

*The 2000 series

All done—I entered 4Kids Entertainment as "expired" for Sonic X and all of the Japanese-produced Yu-Gi-Oh! properties after the original TV series, with Konami as the new licensee for the former and Kidsco for the latter.
themasterc256

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
themasterc256 wrote:

*The 2000 series

All done—I entered 4Kids Entertainment as "expired" for Sonic X and all of the Japanese-produced Yu-Gi-Oh! properties after the original TV series, with Konami as the new licensee for the former and Kidsco for the latter.

It's the other way around.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
themasterc256 wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
themasterc256 wrote:

*The 2000 series

Oops. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Fixed.
themasterc256

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
themasterc256 wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
themasterc256 wrote:

*The 2000 series

Oops. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Fixed.

KidsCo is the former broadcaster for Medabots in Spain. Kidsco Media Ventures (Saban Brands subsidiary) is a completely different company.

http://www.kidscotv.tv

Here is proof that Kidsco Media Ventures (the Saban Brands subsidiary that acquired Sonic X and the Saturday morning block from 4Kids Entertainment) is a subsidiary of Saban Brands:

http://www.sabanbrands.com/brands_vortexx.html

Official Sonic X page:
http://myvortexx.com/shows/sonic-x

It's not that this information is wrong. I just think that the licensor's name should be changed to Saban Brands so that people don't get confused.
themasterc256

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
There's one more thing I forgot to add. One of the broadcasters for Dragon Ball Z Kai is currently listed as The CW (Toonzai). Can it be changed to The CW (Toonzai, Vortexx) or just The CW.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 20