• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Unveils Project P-100 Wii U Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
very interesting; it looks appropriately silly
j Talbain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Platinum Games is one of the best production companies from Japan right now. This game looks like Pikmin mixed with Viewtiful Joe. Meaning pure awesome!
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
The Nintendo Panal was defiantly the Highlight of E3 for me so far (don't own a 360 so don't care about Microsoft, and Sony sadly disappointed me, Wonderbook? Really?) But the Wii-U looks like a fairly solid system & overall enjoyable gameplay experience. And Project P-100 is defiantly at the top of my list of most anticipated Wii-U games along with Super Mario U & Rayman Legends. Looks like good zany FUN!

And looking forward to their 3DS panel tomorrow night.

Also a bit off topic, but is it just me or does it seem the past couple of years E3 has kind of just gone down hill overall. Seems likes its gotten slowly smaller & smaller & less glamorous the past couple of years. But that may just be me being paranoid.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
Of course the game is set in America where super heroes live! Laughing

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Also a bit off topic, but is it just me or does it seem the past couple of years E3 has kind of just gone down hill overall. Seems likes its gotten slowly smaller & smaller & less glamorous the past couple of years. But that may just be me being paranoid.

It's not you - it's been scaling down for years now. Like the Olympics for games, it was becoming too big, this way back in 2006:

E3 is meant to be a showcase for companies to launch their goods before the media, investors and retailers. It is not open to the public, but joystick-hugging teenagers managed to finagle their way into the show, along with hundreds of gaming bloggers and video game fanatics.

Entertainment Software Assn. President Doug Lowenstein said the organization's board of directors -- consisting of chief executives and presidents of the major video game companies -- voted Wednesday to reformat the annual trade show. In addition to being scaled down, it will be held in July rather than May, closer to the fall release date of many products.

"E3 had become an environment in which it was increasingly difficult to do business in a professional way -- the scale of it, the noise of it," said Lowenstein, who was in Los Angeles on Monday to meet with convention center officials. "All these things conspired to make it more difficult for companies to get the critical business accomplished."

In recent years, company executives have been grumbling about the costs and staffing required for the show. But Lowenstein attributed the changes to the maturing industry. The $11-billion video game business no longer struggles for visibility and attention and has cemented its place in mainstream culture. Video games are so popular now that they are spawning television shows and blockbuster movies.

"The question becomes reaching the right audience in the most efficient way," Lowenstein said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1