• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IATV on Time Warner in NY and NJ

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Good news, looks like they feature subtitled anime.

In case anyone is interested, on what series they are currently airing:

Animation on ImaginAsian TV
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Justin, can you pester them to broadcast Pedicab Driver?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Pedicab Driver? Sure, I'll pass the suggestion along. (Do you know what network it was on in Japan? That will help.)

We have some very special announcements as far as anime programming and other Asian programming that I know anime fans will enjoy in the next few months, so I hope we can count on all of the anime fans out there to support us. We're a completely indie startup network, and that doesn't happen very often anymore, so we need everyone to spread the word.

Oh yes, and all of our anime is subtitled. That's something no other network can boast. :p
hikura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I am in upstate NY and have time warner.Hopefully this channel will eventually be avable on my time warner lineup soon.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... If only Time Warner here in Wichita Falls, TX can get this, I'll have an even bigger reason to get cable.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dynamo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:28 am Reply with quote
Hey, I dusted off this old account just to post here! Knowing that Time Warner Cable here in NYC was going to add quite a few channels tonight (most importantly the LONG overdue Anime Network VOD.......you'd figure NYC would be one of the first to get it seeing as its a major test market huh? Not to mention Time Warner has a HQ here in Manhattan) but I didn't expect this one! With AN's pathetic Time Warner lineup I'm more excited about this. Watching subbed Patlabor right now.

Looks promising. I'm guessing its a direct competitor to AZN TV (which is located on the same "foreign channel" circuit in my channel lineup)?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Justin: Nope. All I know is it's an old HK movie with Sammo Hung that's never been released on dvd, and which allegedly belongs to WB. Also, Universal has been sitting on the live-action Crying Freeman and Mark Dacascos Crow for a while, while CBS won't do anything with Martial Law. :(
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
I'm waiting for them to sign to direct tv. Until then....a lot of wishing.
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Are they broadcasting the NHK Taiga Dramas?

I've been watching them for years here in the SF Bay Area on regular TV and it would be nice to have more folks to discuss the shows with.

Last year's Shinsengumi was quite good.
jsevakis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear people so excited about us! We've been working on our network for a long time, so it's extremely rewarding to see it all starting to pay off.

We wish we'd been able to launch in NYC before now (we do live here, after all), but it's very hard to launch new cable channels these days, since adding channels usually means the cable provider has to add bandwidth. We have a great relationship with Time Warner Cable, and we will be adding both free and pay VOD in the very near future. We also plan to have a fairly strong convention presense in areas where we are available.

If there's something you want us to try to go after, please PM me any time. (Gatsu, we might not have that one, but we did get a lot of older, more obscure HK martial arts movies from the Sony Pictures catalog, so keep your eyes open!)

Oh, and for the record, we launched BEFORE AZN was relaunched from I-Channel. :p

Oh yes, and if you don't get us, be sure to bug your local cable provider. It's up to every local cable office to make sure their programming reflects the wants of their local customers, so you have to let them know you want this stuff... especially if there aren't many Asians in your area.
anifan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I wish you would work with Bright House, which is owned by Time Warner, down here in Tampa,FL, I'd love to watch anime on tv and subtitled. All we have right now is animenetwork VOD, which isn't much, and its not subtitled either, which sucks because I hate the english voice actors, makes my skin crawl how they "act" the characters out.::shudders:: I wonder do they even watch what they are voicing?
Dynamo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis, so you're a rep for ImaginAsian? Good luck on the channel! I already see some non-anime programming on that I like. Question, how have you guys managed to air subbed Patlabor with your competitor AZN TV airing dubbed Patlabor?
jsevakis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear you like it, and have discovered some new stuff with us!

In regards to your question, the answer is simple. Not all licenses are exclusive, and some specify what version you can show. Others don't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1