• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Baseball Video Anime "Major" Adds 15 Minutes of Unseen Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
You got it wrong: "Gorō, the son of a major league batter who dreams of making it big himself."

Goro's father was never a Major League batter, Goro's father was a Pro Japanese Baseball Player (NPB) thou. He was was originally a pitcher but after an injury he decided to be a batter in order to not retire.

Anyway awesome news.
Linaewen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent news! If there is more previously unaired Major footage out there, I most definitely want to see it! This is just another one of those times when I wish I lived in Japan. Wink
Dask

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
So does anyone have any idea what the footage is going to be, or do we have to wait to see
Linaewen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Dask wrote:
So does anyone have any idea what the footage is going to be, or do we have to wait to see

There's a trailer that includes some of the new footage at the Disney Japan website (http://www.disneychannel.jp/xd/). Note: The xd has to be capitalized for the link to work; it's in lower case here to prevent it turning into this: Anime hyper
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
The trailer is for the World Series chapter of Major that was initially released as an OVA but will now be airing on TV. I didn't spot anything in that trailer that wasn't in the OVA at least.

Curious to see what the extra footage will be. Maybe Goro coaching spoiler[his kid in a Little League game]? Would also love more time with him and Shimizu as well.
Linaewen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The trailer is for the World Series chapter of Major that was initially released as an OVA but will now be airing on TV. I didn't spot anything in that trailer that wasn't in the OVA at least.

Curious to see what the extra footage will be. Maybe Goro coaching spoiler[his kid in a Little League game]? Would also love more time with him and Shimizu as well.

Most of it was from the released OVAs, but at the very end of the trailer are some scenes that were not in the OVA. One that I recognized as new was spoiler[Toshiya holding a newspaper announcing his joining the Hornets, and then he and Goro talking afterwards].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1