• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita's 3rd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
Laughing Well that was incredibly adorable. The show looks like it'll be alot of fun so im looking foreward too it.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this series as well.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote
The Littl' Bits! Laughing
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
What the hell did I just watch?
I'm not very fond of the way the fairies look but that's just me.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, it looks like later on the promo, that raw chicken is making an offer we can't refuse. I'm somehow curious about this series; it could end up being a hidden gem for the summer season.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Uh, I don't get it. No, I can understand the Japanese being spoken, I just don't get the show. The headless chicken was just like: <.<
darkonezero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm still confused about how the main character is the same age as her grandpa, isn't he an old guy in the promo?
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 am Reply with quote
darkonezero wrote:
I'm still confused about how the main character is the same age as her grandpa, isn't he an old guy in the promo?

Quote:
The human protagonist of the story serves an important duty as the international arbitrator between the fairies and humans, and she returns to her former hometown of Kusunoki. She chose this job because she thought it was an easy job she can do, even when she is as old as her grandfather.

As I understood it, they are not saying she is elderly/the same age as her grandfather is now, rather that she chose the job because she thinks she will still be able to do it when she is that old. Though I get what you mean if you're saying that it's impossible for her to actually be the same age as her grandfather at any given point in time while they are both alive unless there's some fundamental difference in the way things work in this story compared to our reality.
darkonezero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
darkonezero wrote:

Quote:
The human protagonist of the story serves an important duty as the international arbitrator between the fairies and humans, and she returns to her former hometown of Kusunoki. She chose this job because she thought it was an easy job she can do, even when she is as old as her grandfather.

As I understood it, they are not saying she is elderly/the same age as her grandfather is now, rather that she chose the job because she thinks she will still be able to do it when she is that old. Though I get what you mean if you're saying that it's impossible for her to actually be the same age as her grandfather at any given point in time while they are both alive unless there's some fundamental difference in the way things work in this story compared to our reality.

Ah, that makes so much more sense since I interpreted it as "although she is the same age as her grandfather". This throws out the "fairies made her grandpa old" theory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1