Forum - View topic
NEWS: Retailer: Media Blasters Cancels 1st BD Volume of Bakuman


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hiro94



Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 276

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
This really pisses me off i was going to buy that!!I have been patiently waiting but i figured it would happen seen as how they took it off rightstuff a couple of days ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 2302
Location: wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Well this seems like the end of Media Blasters such a shame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 767
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Time to grab those GGG sets and that Blade set because it ain't looking good for MB if they're doing this, sad to say.

Maybe another year at most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terminus24



Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed, as I prefer my anime on Blu-Ray, and also Bakuman is hands-down the my favorite manga series ever. I've yet to see the anime, I probably will over summer vacation, though.

But this news doesn't surprise me. Because hasn't Media Blasters not been an actual company for like, a year now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msgundam2



Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Posts: 204
Location: Knox,Indiana USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
(opinion) I don't think Bakuman would sell well in the US.
I personally found it boring.


Last edited by msgundam2 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Otaku_X



Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 298

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This is a bad sign. Media Blasters is the only US anime company I still care about at all. Not just for anime, they also own Shriek Show, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty. Plus, they released a few things sub-only at a lower price, so I didn't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3504
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!


I agree it needs to happen!

As long as they're not idiotic about licensing season 2 and ignoring season 1 entirely (looks at Zero no Tsukaima F)


that was a licnese rescue from fuinmation when geneon usa went under, not a direct funimation to japan licnese on the series. You want pain try waiting nearly five to six years now for higurashi kai on r1 format.


Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama



Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Posts: 1689
Location: Wichita Falls, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
This is a bad sign. Media Blasters is the only US anime company I still care about at all. Not just for anime, they also own Shriek Show, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty. Plus, they released a few things sub-only at a lower price, so I didn't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use.


Ah, so once Media Blasters goes away, you'll no longer buy any anime?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jaymie



Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 906

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
(opinion) I don't think Bakuman would sell well in the US.
I personally found it boring.


The manga has been doing perfectly fine in North America. The problem isn't Bakuman, it's Media Blasters. Viz could have slapped "Death Note" on the cover of Bakuman and it would have been a hit. Why they didn't license it, I don't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 695
Location: TN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!


I agree it needs to happen!

As long as they're not idiotic about licensing season 2 and ignoring season 1 entirely (looks at Zero no Tsukaima F)


that was a licnese rescue from fuinmation when geneon usa went under, not a direct funimation to japan licnese on the series. You want pain try waiting nearly five to six years now for higurashi kai on r1 format.

I heard that Sentai couldn't afford the first season of...Zero no...whatever it is or they would've. Or they might not be able to get the license just yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Absol



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 542

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh Media Blasters...Please just drop the whole Bakuman series and just go down under. Let other company such as Viz or Sentai license it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
28076004505531



Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 124
Location: Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Please MB, just say that you can't release the rest of the dvds. I mean RIGHT NOW so we don't have to wait for anything anymore from you. Just say you're done. Please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 1813

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!


I agree it needs to happen!

As long as they're not idiotic about licensing season 2 and ignoring season 1 entirely (looks at Zero no Tsukaima F)


that was a licnese rescue from fuinmation when geneon usa went under, not a direct funimation to japan licnese on the series. You want pain try waiting nearly five to six years now for higurashi kai on r1 format.

I heard that Sentai couldn't afford the first season of...Zero no...whatever it is or they would've. Or they might not be able to get the license just yet.


Sentai hasn't officially said anything about the other seasons of Familiar of Zero. However, when someone emailed them about them they gave a reply along the lines of "who said we skipped them?"

It's quite likely that Sentai has more of Zero, but just hasn't announced it. After all, they generally wait until closer to the street date for any official announcements. They could also be in negotiations for them, or they could be waiting for final streaming numbers before making any physical release decisions.

If they do have more of Familiar of Zero, it will likely be some time before we get confirmation, as the simulcasted only recently ended and it still hasn't finished it's run on Anime Network's Online Player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleWarrior13



Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 1251

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!


News flash, according to Michael Sinterniklaas, Season 2 is already in the can. Media Blasters just hasn't shown up to claim it yet.


Well damn! Even better!

Although it is starting to sound like Viz's horrible treatment of Blue Dragon (producing a dub and doing nothing with it)...

Media Blasters is dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1052

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Wasnt media blasters the 3rd rate company that licensed Zetsubo Sensei, and then left it for dead. 3rd rate fringe companies should not be allowed to license larger properties. I think the only good thing to ever come out of Media Blasters was the Special Edition/CE version of Record of Lodoss war.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group