• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike Witches Film BD/DVD Slated for October 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
English subtitles please? Please please please? (or wait 1-2 years for (maybe) Funimation's release...)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
English subtitles please? Please please please? (or wait 1-2 years for (maybe) Funimation's release...)

Have they said anything about season two yet?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
JohnnySake wrote:

It keeps getting pushed back to do blu-ray licensing issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
JohnnySake wrote:

I really hope that they don't follow their trend of doing dvd only releases. That is a huge step in the wrong direction, and they have lost my purchase of quite a few releases so far. I don't want to support them financially for not releasing blurays. I'd rather wait a little while longer to get my hands on the movie and second season than be stuck with an inferior product.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
JohnnySake wrote:

I really hope that they don't follow their trend of doing dvd only releases. That is a huge step in the wrong direction, and they have lost my purchase of quite a few releases so far. I don't want to support them financially for not releasing blurays. I'd rather wait a little while longer to get my hands on the movie and second season than be stuck with an inferior product.

Eh well at this point I'll take what I can get but they know people want strike witches on bluray and had a dead-line on right-stuf around march earlier this year. It's most likely they had Already printed some hard copies but due to the kadowa block they are stock in a warehouse and they don't want to print-dvd only. That would be a huge loss for them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Well Funi get this movie and release it with season2 all ready
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, the S1 Bluray/DVD combo pack comes out at the end of next month. Hopefully. It was about two weeks before the S2 set was supposed to come out in February that it got indefinitely postponed.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:

I came here to say the exact same thing. So I'll just add some more pleases: please please please.

I have the JP Blu-ray of the 1st Nanoha movie, with English subtitles, and that came out really great. I'd love to see that become more common, especially with a franchise I love as much as Strike Witches.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1