• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Host Tiger & Bunny Producer Masayuki Ozaki at Anime Expo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
It sure would be nice to have a release date, considering how long they've been sitting on this thing.

I'm really curious who's going to play Tiger now. Steve Blum is listed as playing Jake Martinez in the encyclopedia, so there goes my first guess...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
It sure would be nice to have a release date, considering how long they've been sitting on this thing.

I'm really curious who's going to play Tiger now. Steve Blum is listed as playing Jake Martinez in the encyclopedia, so there goes my first guess...

My safe guesses are either Troy Baker or Crispin Freeman.

My long shot guess is Kirk Thornton. Very Happy
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
So far I've been really pleased with all of the voices they've chosen. I can't wait to see who's going to do tigers.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I am loving the cast for this series (esp. Laura Bailey as Dragon Kid Anime smile)
I can't wait until next year to buy Tiger & Bunny.

Quote:

Yuri Lowenthal - Barnaby Brooks Jr. / Bunny

I'm surprised, in a good way. I honestly thought of Johnny Y. Bosch as Barnaby but I'm sure Yuri will do an excellent job.

All that's left is to announce who shall be fan-favorite Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Wild Tiger's voice actor!! ^__^

I really hope it's Crispin Freeman since Steve Blum spoiler[is playing a villain (...again).]
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
I really hope it's Crispin Freeman since Steve Blum spoiler[is playing a villain (...again).]

I like Crispin, but wouldn't you prefer someone with sloppier diction? Crispin has decent range character-wise, but always sounds way too well-put-together to be Tiger.
corinthian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

I like Crispin, but wouldn't you prefer someone with sloppier diction? Crispin has decent range character-wise, but always sounds way too well-put-together to be Tiger.

I don't think I've ever thought of it that way, but he does have really good diction... But yes, I don't see Freeman voicing the bumbling hero type, and I don't think he's ever really played one before. I think I'm going to second the guess for Kirk Thornton. There are some LA VAs absent from the cast list that normally do play those types, but they don't really sound old enough to play Tiger.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Figured Bosch would be doing Barnaby but Yuri's also an excellent choice and he;s already used to doing superhero work. As for Kotetsu's VA, I;m 95% sure it;s Troy Baker. Crispin Freeman is cool and all but that;s kinda the problem. He would sound way too cool for the character.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
That's nice. Would be nicer if one could actually buy the damn thing.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

amen to this. Wtf are you doing Viz?!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote
I'm callling this one for a TV airing November 2012-April or May 2013 on Toonami.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Tiger and Bunny just ended in September of last year. They haven't been siting on it for that long
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

Hmm. That's a very good point.

Even when he's playing characters who tend to be violet (like Shizuo from Durarara), Mr. Freeman almost never stutters his words and he does a great job speaking in a clear, easy to understand tone (which is why I like his acting so much).

I ended up wanting Crispin simply because I like him as an actor without even thinking about whether or not his talents will fit the character of Kotetsu, silly me. Embarassed

But I'm still excited for who they will choose. ^___^
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
I don't think I've ever thought of it that way, but he does have really good diction... But yes, I don't see Freeman voicing the bumbling hero type, and I don't think he's ever really played one before.

The man was the Irresponsible Captain Tylor, I don't think you can bumble harder than that. But I agree that Kotetsu doesn't sound like Freeman in my head. Needs more scruff.
Ryan227

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Saturn wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Tiger and Bunny just ended in September of last year. They haven't been siting on it for that long

Exactly! People are being ridiculous. Yes everyone has reasons to be frustrated with Viz because in the past they've had plenty of anime that they've sat on and never released, they're awful. BUT Tiger & Bunny ended less than a year ago. It's not unreasonable for the first US release to come about a year after the last Japanese release which, if they keep to what they've said about early 2013, is what will happen.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:

Being Viz of course. I kid, I kid.

I hope. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2