• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokoro Connect (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Kokoro Connect

Anime Spotlight

Synopis (This is from the novel one on animelist since the anime one is not that detailed) -5 boys and girls full-shuffled! 5-way love pentagon comedy! At clubhouse room 401, there gathers "anything goes" members of the culture study society. Pro-wrestling otaku Taichi Yaegashi, mysterious beauty Iori Nagase, cool Himeko Inaba, the clown Yoshifumi Aoki and fancy-loving Yui Kiriyama found the noisy but calm days suddenly come to a halt. The personality switched among the members--. The unnatural days of changinging into "someone" by getting back to "themselves" by becoming "someone else" has started!

This is suppose to come out on July 8, but a 11 minute teaser of the first episode was recently released. It was an interesting concept of body switching and I have never seen an anime where body switching was the main topic. The 3 girls in the show gave off a K-on vibe to me and that made sense since the artist for the show was also was part of K-on.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to wait for the subbed version of this to come out later but so far, it looks ok with some funny moments.

Edit: Just finished watching the extended version and was entertaining. Dat body switch, dat drama, dat questions. Well, let's just say the series has my attention so far.

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shabaz92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the 11 min preview of episode 1. All the characters seem likable and had a fun chemistry. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the gender switches. Of course Taichi does what any guy who finds they turned into a woman would do. Also, as an avid wrestling fan, I really got a kick out of the John Cena and Undertaker posters. Laughing
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote
depending on how they play the gender-swapping this could be really funny.
the 11 minutes were alright, kind of funny, characters have potential. it's nothing incredibly special but it managed to stir some interest in me.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
shabaz92 wrote:
John Cena and Undertaker posters. Laughing

i agree, that shit is awesome! especially the 'Taker. Cool
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote
Something about the character designs bugs me, there is a feel similar to K-ON, but there is something else that I can not put my finger on. Kind of like if a lot of cgi was used, or they feel rigid. Maybe it is just me over reacting.

The preview does make me look forward to the rest of the show. Perhaps it reminds me a little bit of the soon to be finished Natsuiro Kiseki for the group of friends with slight supernatural setting.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the first episode since I had to the first moment it aired. I was so excited about this anime, due to the fact that this is the summer anime I had most been looking forward to.

It was very interesting and it lived up to my expectations for what I can expect for an anime about soul swapping and the first 2 instances of that involving characters swapping spoiler[with someone of the opposite sex.]

When this happens, I always wonder why the boy is always so much more interested in his chest than spoiler[what's between his legs (or not between his legs)], and there always seems to be an underwhelming response from the girl who is experiencing this change.

The body swapping just seems to be happening randomly without explanation. I would have liked some sort of clue as to what's causing this phenomenon, but the preview seems to maybe have hinted at some sort of plant they ate. Perhaps the 5 of them took a trip to a mysterious hot spring a few weeks earlier and all had a rare magical herb in their tea.

The character differences seem natural but the notion that there is a tsundere type girl and 2 kawaii type girls was probably a bit deliberate in order to make funny situations when Inaba switches with either of the other girls.

I expect this will progress to be very entertaining and enjoyable and hopefully prove itself as a top pick for this season.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed the first episode. The characters actually seemed like characters and less cardboard cut-outs that have been copy/pasted like some other shows. The body swapping can be amusing as well. Definitely will check out the second episode.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
When this happens, I always wonder why the boy is always so much more interested in his chest than spoiler[what's between his legs (or not between his legs)], and there always seems to be an underwhelming response from the girl who is experiencing this change.

I have a theory on this, and it's quite simple: You can see boobs without having to look.

You go anywhere that there are girls (school, stores, home, etc...) and you can see boobs. They taunt you. They mock you. But you can't touch them no matter how badly you want to. So, when a sweet little virgin boy turns into a girl, I can understand why that's his first thought. Those glorious orbs that flaunt themselves in front of you day after day are finally within your grasp, and grasp you do.

However, I have a question myself: Why do it through the shirt? When you do that, you aren't feeling the boobs, you're feeling squishy things through a shirt and bra. So while I get why they always go for the boobs, I don't get why they don't go for the under slide.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I was about to engage further in tKoH's discussion, and then decided against it for legal reasons.

I'm hoping that some of the later episodes introduce a bit of an edge, though for some reason, that is what I'm expecting. I'm not entirely sure why.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Turns out this season is having more likeable anime than I had expected. I plan to follow this one, unless it gets too repetitive.

My favourite scene was when he started fondling himself. Oh man, I'd have rushed to a mirror straight away. Laughing
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Definitely sticking with this one - the first episode didn't bore me for one moment.

@TKoH: Well, I don't think he had enough time to think clearly and grab the breasts for real. Leaves you wondering: what would most girls do when they find themselves in a guy's body? I think I'd check if I had nice biceps first, then wondering what's between my legs...
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I can't speak for all males, but I have it all planned out. Just in case.

Just think of it as while most people are preparing for apocalypses, I'm preparing for naughty things.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I quite enjoyed the first episode. The characters actually seemed like characters and less cardboard cut-outs that have been copy/pasted like some other shows. The body swapping can be amusing as well. Definitely will check out the second episode.

I think the interaction between Taichi and Himeko contributed to making the characterization seem more genuine and less cookie-cutter. I'll be looking for the 2nd ep as well!
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
@egoist I like to be prepared; I've got it worked out so that I know what to do if I'm in a girl's body during an apocalypse.

@A Mystery Biceps? I thought women were more interested in abs? You must be more practical though: My abs aren't nearly as useful as my biceps on a day to day basis.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 21