• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Live at Anime Expo 2012

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
hey zac if it's any consolation i think summer 2012 is going to be just pure sh**.

Also great pod-cast as always, it was really fun to listen to and I hope to make it to AX-con next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Did JesuOtaku really think that the average ANNCast listener wouldn't remember what she sounds like?

I love the fact that the ANNCast always has one crazy dude, and this time we get the guy who expects Zac to mock a bunch of people getting fired. As Zac and Justin said, a lot of people are going to get a lot less work because of this.
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
"Tupac's in my trunk" needs a T-shirt or bumper sticker or something with an image of that portrait.

Also, "Why did you give my brother a Dirty Pair?" had me cracking up.
ABCBTom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Fun as usual. If you're asking who the director of the new Lupin is, that's Sayo Yamamoto, who worked on Michiko and Hatchin and worked with Takeshi Koike on Redline.

And no, it did not crap the bed. Let those of us who don't pirate everything weigh in before you write the show's epitaph.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
These live shows are always so much fun to listen to. One of these days I've got to take a summer vacation over the west coast and sit in on one of them. Anime catgrin
vinamara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Real fun stuff. Loved the little to-and-fro.

And I've gotta agree with Zac there about the crapstorm he has to put up with thanks to some overzealous fans spamming their opinions, tearing apart and scrutinizing his every word and bombarding him with spiteful comments-- it sure as hell can be a morale killer.

I would really post more if people didn't make a huge fuss over little things and blowing things out of proportion. My likes hardly ever intersect with Zac's favorites in the animedom but I tip my hat to him for putting up with the stuff he has to. Honestly, regardless of whether I agree with his opinions or not, his reviews always make me chuckle .

Enjoyed listening to the panel. Looking forward to the "Revenge of the 2000" podcast.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Clearly all the miscellaneous Dirty Pair swag is a ploy by Shawne Kleckner to get the show's name out there to those who may be unfamiliar about it, in hopes to generate more sales of their ongoing Dirty Pair releases!

...In any case, I've been enjoying the questions, both the serious and otherwise. I wasn't expecting as many decent ones, actually.

I couldn't help but snicker over the 4Kids question, too.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

I love the fact that the ANNCast always has one crazy dude, and this time we get the guy who expects Zac to mock a bunch of people getting fired. As Zac and Justin said, a lot of people are going to get a lot less work because of this.

That dude also cut in line to ask his "question". I was actually the guy in the motion cat ears that went after him. That was actually pretty interesting to watch, and it was cool to finally put a face to the voice behind Zac and Justin. Now I don't have to picture Zac as Skeletor, and Justin as a bitter old man shaking his fist at the world.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought that was a pretty awesome show. I always get a kick out of the live shows. I gotta make it my pilgrimage next year to go to AX just for this panel. Also I had to lolz at the "which of you is more popular?" 'question'. It just makes me in-vision an ANN popularity poll who would live and who would die!?
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Now I don't have to picture Zac as Skeletor

Damnit, you just shattered my reality. He's not Skeletor?? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Justin's right about it [fanservicey anime] not changing. The current TV anime market is basically the new OVA market, that's why so many shows are 13 episodes long. Compare to the 90s, where the vast majority of 26 or longer, often in multiple seasons. As for what's actually truly raunchy, it's not much, only maybe one or two will even have nudity at all. The rest are just sexy and suggestive, which anime has always had: the Lovely Angels and Naga from Slayers are obvious examples to point to.

And it's not just anime, the entire subculture has been moving towards that frontier. You have visual novels, light novels, and manga along with anime becoming progressively erotic. If you want to blame anyone, blame everyone, it's the entire market. Hentai and h-doujinshi have always remained the same, perhaps more fetishistic now aside from the obligatory tentacles and monsters. If anything, doujinshi is doing better than ever, the works some artists are producing are beautiful, beating out most normal mangaka in terms of style and detail. No surprise, they get the time to work on what they want and none of the restrictions of an editor. I hope more manga go the indie route.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

That dude also cut in line to ask his "question". I was actually the guy in the motion cat ears that went after him. That was actually pretty interesting to watch, and it was cool to finally put a face to the voice behind Zac and Justin. Now I don't have to picture Zac as Skeletor, and Justin as a bitter old man shaking his fist at the world.

Or you could just follow Justin on twitter as his avatar is of himself.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

Or you could just follow Justin on twitter as his avatar is of himself.

I could, but then I'd have to, you know, follow Twitter. Which I have no interest in ever doing Smile
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
To correct Justin, quite a lot of anime movies come out, actually. Usually 20+ a year.

Also indeed, it's good 4Kids is probably on their last legs since they lost everything now.

Last edited by TitanXL on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
How many Japanese publishers are saying "no US BluRays"? It sounds like what happened to the hentai anime market, but with the small concession that they still allow the DVDs to scrape through. I guess they don't see licensing out the low quality two-decade old optical media as an economic threat anymore, but will it help increase sales in Japan or will the otaku wise up?

Toonami's success will ride on clearing out the old titles and being nothing but new, no repeats or reruns either. This was brought up before about people bitching when InuYasha was pulled years back, but should it get pulled from due ratings, it will be amusing to see people complain that they want Toonami back for the third time.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8