• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2012 - Ryo Horikawa Focus Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Great coverage. Don't always pay attention to seiyuu, but I figured that was gonna be a fun time.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
I wish there were a Saint Seiya fan in the audience to ask Horikawa if he was even approached to come back as Andromeda Shun on Saint Seiya Omega. After Tohru Furuya came back as Seiya, I was hoping the other original voice actors would resume their roles, but they ended up casting Hiroshi Kamiya as Shun instead.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Well...the last time the original Saint Seiya cast came back was for the Sanctuary chapter of the Hades saga, but they changed everyone including Tohru Furuya for the rest of that story arc.

Though I believe this is mostly a rumor, apparently the producers only wanted to keep Furuya on board instead of everyone else and he didn't agree with that line of thought at the time. Whatever the case, such an underlying logic seems to explain why they only bothered to contact Furuya for Saint Seiya Omega and not Horikawa or anyone else. In any case, this is all just trivia for me since I'm not watching the new show right now.

In fact, I'd actually be happier if someone asked him about his role as Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but I can understand that Vegeta remains his most popular role over here.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the recap of the panel! I'm interested to learn more about the voiced e-manga.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I was right in my prediction it would all be about Vegeta and over 9000 would come up. I feel sorry that he voiced that role and that people can't get over tired memes.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Wow, I was right in my prediction it would all be about Vegeta and over 9000 would come up. I feel sorry that he voiced that role and that people can't get over tired memes.
I feel sorry for the fact that people keep quoting a mistranslated line.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Wait, what? Vegeta's seiyuu did Heiji's voice in Conan?! Wow....I always thought Heiji's seiyuu was done by someone young. I'm impressed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1