• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
So far "La storia della Arcana Famiglia" seems to be getting rave reviews.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
And here we go! For anime airing today, I'm mainly looking forward to the Tari Tari reviews.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
And as expected la storia was reviewed badly. I enjoyed it more then i thought i would and i'm defenitely going to stick with it. Also jinrui is probably gave me the biggest WTF did i just watch!? reaction then i ever got from a show. But i was really enjoyable and i'll keep up with it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I looked at the art, saw D Grayman, dropped before I could read anything about it.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
And here we go! For anime airing today, I'm mainly looking forward to the Tari Tari reviews.

Yep one of the rare animes I am actually looking forward to this season.
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
And as expected la storia was reviewed badly. I enjoyed it more then i thought i would and i'm defenitely going to stick with it. Also jinrui is probably gave me the biggest WTF did i just watch!? reaction then i ever got from a show. But i was really enjoyable and i'll keep up with it.

I really think la storia could turn out to be a lot of fun, but that first episode was just awkward. They didn't really put any effort into the exposition; just: "let's drop all the information and get it over with, and next episode we'll get on with the story" (or at least, I'm hoping).

As for Jinrui: I'm still a *little* on the fence about whether it's going to be awesome or not, but it really surprised me and in a good way.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
opn wrote:

I really think la storia could turn out to be a lot of fun, but that first episode was just awkward. They didn't really put any effort into the exposition; just: "let's drop all the information and get it over with, and next episode we'll get on with the story" (or at least, I'm hoping).

As for Jinrui: I'm still a *little* on the fence about whether it's going to be awesome or not, but it really surprised me and in a good way.

Well i can kinda forgive arcana on that part since its scheduled to be 13 or 12 episodes so i can forgive it for the info dumb. Jinrui could go either way but so far its shaping up to be really good though am i the only one who got a shaft/shinbo vibe from the show the entire time?
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Well i can kinda forgive arcana on that part since its scheduled to be 13 or 12 episodes so i can forgive it for the info dumb. Jinrui could go either way but so far its shaping up to be really good though am i the only one who got a shaft/shinbo vibe from the show the entire time?

I can forgive it too- when subsequent episodes are better. Wink

Re: Jinrui, I can see where you got it, but it's actually a different combo entirely. Seiji Kishi and Makoto Uezu, director and series composer who worked together on Sunred, another sort of oddball show, along with My Bride is a Mermaid, Kamisama Dolls, and a few others. Interesting duo, that!
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
opn wrote:

I can forgive it too- when subsequent episodes are better. Wink

Re: Jinrui, I can see where you got it, but it's actually a different combo entirely. Seiji Kishi and Makoto Uezu, director and series composer who worked together on Sunred, another sort of oddball show, along with My Bride is a Mermaid, Kamisama Dolls, and a few others. Interesting duo, that!

Oh i know i was just saying it felt like the type of thing shinbo would direct with all the dialoge (heck i even heard none of the characters have names in the novels) and weird moments like the headless chicken and the robotic bread Smile .
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Jinrui sounds really interesting, I can't wait to check it out.

opn wrote:
Well i can kinda forgive arcana on that part since its scheduled to be 13 or 12 episodes so i can forgive it for the info dumb.

Even one-cour shows can still get vital plot information across without having to info-dump. Sure, an info-dump is easier, but it's also lazy and looks bad.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
First ep of Famiglia was pretty decent. I like the variety of Tarot based powers and the heroine seems like she might be fairly proactive.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever watched a reverse harem show before. Weird.

I also watched the raws of Lagrange season 2 and Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse. Lagrange was just a clip show and Total Eclipse was okay. Mostly set up and world building, though I'm fairly certain ANN won't be giving it very high marks and I foresee much complaining about the pilot suits.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving Jinrui's dark and off-kilter sense of humor. The set up for Famiglia interested me enough to give it a few more episodes to get going.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Jinurui yet but La storia della Arcana Famiglia was alright.

Going to watch a few more episodes to see how it goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen either show yet, but they both seem to have a lot of promise. Jinrui sounds like it has a good mixture of fantastical setting, humor, general quirkiness and, possibly plot development. Question for those who've see it: does it suggest that the fairies may be behind the human decline? The idea that the fairies are secretly anti-human or even evil popped out at me based on the PV and the reviews, but I could be totally off base.

Famiglia-the first episode sounds a bit messy, maybe even boring or confusing since it's filled with info dumps. The overall concept seems like a lot of fun, though. And it's always nice to see reverse harems with proactive female characters. (are there women competing for Felicita's hand, too?)

General question: I always want to follow the talkback forum for the preview guides, but they become glutted very quickly with everyone talking about multiple shows and different critics' takes. Is there any way to divide the talkback based on show or critic? Is there a reason why it isn't divided? The forum gets very hard to follow when it can easily jump a hundred posts in a day.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
@agent About the jinrui question from what i seen spoiler[no]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 62