• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
sounds really familliar to me too. its not gungrave though
oriana3k

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
@classicalzawa, something like that happens in the first volume of Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Oriana3k wrote:
@classicalzawa, something like that happens in the first volume of Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo.

Will you look at that, that was exactly what I was thinking of! Dammit, I even read this series somewhat recently upon getting the last of the volumes that were out! Sometimes things are so close that you can't see them, eh? That would explain why it was somewhere near the top of my mind, but I've also read a lot of manga since then so I couldn't quite seem to pinpoint it myself.
Thanks for stopping my mind racing through my bookshelf (I had thought of Sanctuary as a potential since it involves yakuza stuff, but I think I'll just re-read anyway that because it's awesome)
dmartins

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I have two pictures of a manga and there is no title on them. But I want to know what is the title. Is there some way that I can send the pictures to you?
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
If they're on your computer, you could upload them to photobucket (free) then copy and paste the URLs here.
Neokitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote
I bought this at an anime convention and I dont know what manga he is from, I just known he is an Osamu Tezuka character

ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Three options here.

1) His name might be written there on the tag. If you can get a better picture of the tag, I can probably read it.

2) If you already know he's Tezuka (and probably a main character, to get a plushie), then you could just search through his stuff, you know. Not the fastest method, maybe, but it'll get you there.

3) Or, just wait here on the off chance someone here recognizes him on sight? Which will probably happen at some point, but we have no way of knowing when that'll be. Could be today, could be 3 months from now.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Neokitty wrote:
I bought this at an anime convention and I don't know what manga he is from, I just known he is an Osamu Tezuka character

Not 100% sure but I think Triton from "Triton Of The Sea."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Neokitty wrote:
I bought this at an anime convention and I don't know what manga he is from, I just known he is an Osamu Tezuka character

This person has the same stuffed toy, and a tag added to the article says, '海のトリトン'.
So, probably that is Triton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_of_the_Sea

Neokitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Thanky you guys I knew the other 2 were from princess knight but this one confused me mostly because the cape was a different color.
Ianshelfs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I read the first few pages of this manga years ago at a bookstore and I actually want to get the volumes now but I can't remember the name. My memory is sort of fuzzy on the story too so I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

It's about this high school girl who has a secret modelling career and some guy at her school, who loves her I think, finds out.

That's all I really remember haha, sorry I can't give more detail.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
The only thing I can think of is Paradise Kiss by Ai Yazawa, which fortunately for you is being rereleased imminently by Vertical (It was published by Tokyopop)
Ianshelfs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
The only thing I can think of is Paradise Kiss by Ai Yazawa, which fortunately for you is being rereleased imminently by Vertical (It was published by Tokyopop)

Thanks but that's not it. Paradise Kiss is an awesome series though, and oddly enough it does match my description. The girl in the manga I'm thinking about went along with it and it was for money from what I remember.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
Never Give Up by Hiromu Mutou is also a possibility. TokyoPop did 8 volumes but did not finish it.
Ianshelfs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Never Give Up by Hiromu Mutou is also a possibility. TokyoPop did 8 volumes but did not finish it.

That's not it but thanks. I'll find this manga one day Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 33