• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Joins Shonen Jump Alpha Every Month

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow, we've reached the "fill the magazine with as much YGO Crap as possible" stage not even a year in.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what a giant disappointment. Nura ends, we beg for a HUGE amount of different series, and they give us something that no body wants? Great..... One reason why I won't be subscribing again.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
skafreak51 wrote:
Wow, what a giant disappointment. Nura ends, we beg for a HUGE amount of different series, and they give us something that no body wants? Great..... One reason why I won't be subscribing again.

The SJ panel is later today there's still a chance more titles will be announced there.
rapjul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Wow, we've reached the "fill the magazine with as much YGO Crap as possible" stage not even a year in.

skafreak51 wrote:

I know, Nura was a great series, now we get a trash advertisement for a card game. There are so many GOOD series that could be in Alpha.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no one wants Yu-Gi-Oh. That's why it's all popular and huge and even one of the most bought series in the US.

Though the anime is better, I'll admit.
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

The SJ panel is later today there's still a chance more titles will be announced there.
who knows during the panel we might get a new weekly series add to alpha (please be beelzebub)
rapjul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
animegamingnerd wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

who knows during the panel we might get a new weekly series add to alpha (please be Beelzebub)

That was the SJ panel, which announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (the worthless card game advertisement series) will be in Alpha every month.
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
rapjul wrote:
animegamingnerd wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

who knows during the panel we might get a new weekly series add to alpha (please be Beelzebub)

That was the SJ panel, which announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (the worthless card game advertisement series) will be in Alpha every month.
damn it i like yugioh but they could have done a lot better like beelzebub medoka box or blue exorcist
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
animegamingnerd wrote:
rapjul wrote:
animegamingnerd wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

damn it i like yugioh but they could have done a lot better like beelzebub medoka box or blue exorcist

I'm confused Confused according to last week's issue of WSJA and the Anime Expo website there's a SJ Fan meetup at 5:00p.m.-6:00 p.m.
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
animegamingnerd wrote:
rapjul wrote:
animegamingnerd wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

I'm confused Confused according to last week's issue of WSJA and the Anime Expo website there's a SJ Fan meetup at 5:00p.m.-6:00 p.m.
lets hope cause if there is a new weekly series that is either a brand new series or one i already read i will get alpha soon
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Apparently that was the Viz panel. There's a special SJA fan panel coming up at 5PM EST/8 PT, so, in an hour.
White Lightning Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I LIKE Yu-Gi-Oh! and even I can admit ZeXal is crap, although I will admit that it's inclusion does make my likelihood to continue my sub when it runs out at the end of this month higher. That and the Android support. Hopefully that includes Kindle Fire even if I have to sideload.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Best Yu-Gi-Oh! manga since the original. Though I don't see why volume two won't come out until December, then.

Honestly, there could be a lot worse, for those that dislike this. And May I remind everyone that Yu-Gi-Oh! was a bigger cornerstone than Naruto or Bleach in it's times, both here and in Japan? And as far as entire franchises is concerned, it blows away those two. Too, Viz Media being an AMERICAN company, and considering the way Yu-Gi-Oh! still is and always has been... Yeah.

Therefore, it certainly makes sense for them to want to include another Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

Their [Viz Media] point is that it will keep people reading (save for the ~ten people above).
Zopyros

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
I only liked the original YGO series. I can't even subscribe to VIZ since I'm not in the USA
White Lightning Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Best Yu-Gi-Oh! manga since the original.

Are you sure about that? I read the first couple of chapters and it was exactly the same as the anime except abridged. The ZeXal anime is easily the worst Yu-Gi-Oh! series, anime or manga, and if this is still the same I can't say it excites me much. That said, I'm a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! fan and a legal means of reading this manga does help sell me on renewing my dub. I still wish this service was more like Crunchyroll though and let me read from the beginning instead of in the middle of stuff...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2