• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So, I Can't Play H! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote

So, I Can't Play H!

Plot Summary: Kaga Ryosuke is an ecchi high school boy. One day, he meets a girl standing alone in the rain. She is Lisarah Restor, an elite Death, who visited the human world in order to find "Singular Man".
Ryosuke makes a contract with Lisarah and she sucks energy required for her activity in the human world from Ryosuke. The source of the energy is his ecchi spirit.
To recover the sexual desire, Ryosuke has no choice but to help Lisarah's search.

(?) Episodes
Comedy, Romance, Supernatural

Ep.1
Well, it wasn't as bad as High School DxD, although i'm not sure this will win over anyone who disliked DxD either.

I can pretty much just say that this is the same as DxD, with a few small differences.
1. Male lead is slightly more likeable
2. Female lead is more of a tsundere-type
3. Slightly less ecchi, not much difference

There might be other small differences but it felt far to similar for me to notice them with something that wasn't exactly the most concentrated watching i've ever done, but it just didn't pull me in enough or distinguish itself for me to really care a great deal. I think i'll probably end up chalking this one up as a drop after 1 more episode, but i'll give it a fair go first.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, this does feel like High School DxD's second coming but uh, so far, it's just meh for me.

Going to watch it through but not expecting much out of it although the ending scene was somewhat dramatic. Next episode looks like the introduction of some of the other main characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I was... rather underwhelmed by nearly every aspect of this, to say the least. I couldn't shake the feeling that the character designs were a bit past their expiration date, and the animation was really lacking, especially for a first episode. The MC is supposed to be appealing for no other reason except being a pervert, okay a nice pervert supposedly, but he doesn't seem to have any other characteristics whatsoever. The female lead was more a flat-out, tsun-tsun arrogant sadist but not in an interesting way. The story seemed much more obvious than usual as a thin justification for a comedy setup.

There were actually a few funny moments, but it just doesn't seem worth it for me when the fanservice was pretty weak. I hate being so negative and all, but maybe it will save somebody else from wasting their time. There's just not that much to see here.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
So, you're the kind of girl who freaks out at the thought of some guy looking at you naked. Once the situation gets under control, choose one of the following options:

a) Wear pants.
b) Don't wear pants.

I have to admit, I found the "carpet matches the drapes" discussion far more fascinating when a later scene seemed to show there is no carpet.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Where are you guys watching this? CR doesn't have the first episode up yet and it would be horrible to fall behind y'all.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Where are you guys watching this? CR doesn't have the first episode up yet and it would be horrible to fall behind y'all.

Some of us are just unscrupulous cretins. Wasn't CR going to be 9 days behind on this? I'm glad we won't have the same situation QBR had.
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Some of us are just unscrupulous cretins. Wasn't CR going to be 9 days behind on this? I'm glad we won't have the same situation QBR had.

For some reason i thought Crunchyroll is airing this one something like 28h after it airs or something like that, or a week later, i can't remember, i deleted my times for it once i watched it and then i saved the document and closed it, so i lost it now

I have it queued on my CR to rewatch when it becomes avaliable, but there isn't any release times for it yet to check either, so i guess i'm imagining seeing a time or its lost on some news item i saw somewhere that i'm too tired to find right now
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
oh yes this is indeed the 2nd coming of DxD even more showing ero is justice?!

ok then we got a guy who nice guy also ero person one day rain meet red hair then got sword' jab cause she is a grim reaper.

then battle main guy see ero stuff realize do ero stuff for power up all check but he got 3 til rest in peace.

ok then after seeing yea might see how it goes & manage go beyond 3 months.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Holy shi-! Those are some nice tits. I'm speaking about the Death God, of course. She's the only character I really care for right now. The rest are just... I'm indifferent to them.

Ryou has no redeeming qualities and he isn't special as a character besides being a perverted human. He's open about it, too. Regarding what he said to Lisarah, he may be onto something. Sex is good for you! According to research it can relieve stress!

The fanservice was alright; it was neither good nor bad, just mediocre. A couple glimpses spoiler[of Lisarah's nipples, Ryou seeing her... red threads..., zoom in on D-cups of the next door neighbor chick.] It wasn't special but I guess it satisfied me enough. The action was alright as well though I didn't really care for because I was too focused on Lisarah's body.

I'll probably tune in every week just for Lisarah and her tits. Those two make up the whole show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Looks like he was hoping for some kind of red string of fate, but seeing a different type of red strings almost got his thread cut by a Fate. On the other hand he might at least he got to see her in those hot threads (I am referring to clothes here), though things started to heat up as the flames diminished, and on a related note his seems to end in spoiler[3 months.]

To be honest, I was hoping that this was going to have a female shinigami that liked to play H, I don't want another unlikeable character like DAnime hyper's. But the saying out loud thing did get a laugh, may get old though.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Ecchi this ecchi that, why not make it hentai already?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Lower budgets, sporadic releases, censorship of what matters.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
egoist wrote:

Lower budgets, sporadic releases, censorship of what matters.

I would think that the first two characteristics would be an appeal for anime producers. Not being tied to a regular schedule and having less worry over money during the process sounds like a better deal. Still, from what I've heard the market for "normal" hentai has moved towards eroge visual novels and away from OAVs. At least it seems the current crop of hentai OAVs feature rape, marginal fetishes, and other, ahem, motifs that I would rather not experience.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Does seem like highschool dxd, but I'm not expecting much from this show anyway.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
spoiler[so let see ryosuke need find special person to save his ero life?

ok then & oh lisara move in go to school search from strange stuff still no found.

then here her cousin yea seem found but IT A TRAP cause cousin want get special person cue fight & ryosuke to the ero-rescue with cousin fall back.

all well but now cat out of the bag with childhood friend now in the loop too wonder what next?]

well after all this indeed dxd jr really more to go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4