• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Super Action Statue Jean Pierre Polnareff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Polnareff is an integral character in Part 5, especially his Stand. And he might be the only character in a wheelchair that can fight like a total french badass!! BUTTAGITTE YARU!!!!

But this is crazy 2012-13 is a new era for the Joestar Family!
poonk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately I've had to start being a lot more selective about what JoJo's figures I buy. It's much too expensive to be a JoJo's completist (unless maybe you kinda stick to one figure line like my friend who's trying to get all the SAS figures, and yes she has this figure and yes she loves it-- actually love is probably not a strong enough word, but I digress...). Combine this with the onslaught of Tiger & Bunny figures also vying for my limited Yen and I had to pass on this one. I'm holding out for his Part 3 Statue Legend figure out in August which I've had on preorder for a while now.

I have to say though, the JoJo's SAS figures just keep improving quality-wise. Some of the older Part 3 ones (Jotaro, Star Platinum & Kakyoin specifically, in my experience; Dio was okay) have difficult-(if-not-impossible)-to-swap hands/heads which sort of sucks all the fun out of having a poseable figure. The Part 2, 4 & 5 SASs that followed those have no such problems and often even come with more accessories to boot.

I'm really excited to see what new or different figures (or entire figure lines) they'll start putting out for the new anime. Since it's my understanding that it'll be following the Phantom Blood arc, I'm really looking forward to some very nice Jonathan/Dio figures. All one can find nowadays for Jonathan is some small trading figures and a DX prize figure, and the man deserves better than that.

(P.S. A snarky prediction: This will get less than half the average number of comments as your review of any run-of-the-mill cute girl figure would.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote
Wheelchair fighting. Does that remind anyone of something? XD
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:00 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Wheelchair fighting. Does that remind anyone of something? Anime hyper

Murderball!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I really thought you'd be all over this, poonk. Smile

Did he say you could get the wheelchair as a stand-alone? (I got lost amid the puns on the Stand Silver Chariot and the stand "silver chariot" - capitalization matters) I'm totally in love with it, not because it's a chair (though it does score some diversity points for that), but because I'm a sucker for miniature mechanical things that actually work. Those cheap classic mini Fords they've been hawking on late-night cable? Sold. Very Happy If the engines ran, I'd marry them.

@Dave: the enlargement links don't take you to the right pictures for the last two or three images.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about the Chariot thing: the link to the actual Silver Chariot figure seems to be gone.

Quote:
(P.S. A snarky prediction: This will get less than half the average number of comments as your review of any run-of-the-mill cute girl figure would.)

Well yeah~

Next time is another dude. Astro Toy July is for the ladies.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not such a fan of Jojo's, but the wheelchair is very impressive. Do the handles actually function as brakes that will stop the chair from rolling? I don't suppose the chair folds up like a real one does.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
I'm not such a fan of Jojo's, but the wheelchair is very impressive. Do the handles actually function as brakes that will stop the chair from rolling? I don't suppose the chair folds up like a real one does.

Nope, they just go back and forth. The wheelchair doesn't really roll on its own the way a toy car might, but you can push it along.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Murderball!

Actually I was thinking of that horrible Dracula anime. XP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1