• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Well on the bright side, this guy is a stud and not a whiny boy who magically gets the attention of multiple of good looking girls. I still think the twin tail girl is the little sister. But logically it should be the vice president since she is the only one that is younger, unless the father was cheating on his wife near the same time they had the main dude.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
So the girl calling him onii-chan and dressed like a little kid in a witch costume is spoiler[actually older than him, and is trying to get people to attend her little sister cafe'.]

Is it just me, or is the air of putting on the little sister thing by the mystery sister kind of creepy, it comes off kind of stalker like. If it is the one I still think it is, then it is all the creepier that she put on that voice after being embarrassed, and the scene afterwards. Like multiple personalities level.

Oh, and that bodyguard spoiler[was clearly a chick from the beginning, at least we got some humorous gay jokes out of it. She could work out if she] does not fall for the guy. Or could it end with her being the little sister? dun dun duuuun!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Oh, and that bodyguard spoiler[was clearly a chick from the beginning, at least we got some humorous gay jokes out of it. She could work out if she] does not fall for the guy. Or could it end with her being the little sister? dun dun duuuun!

Now that I think about it, the body guard being the little sister seems perfect. Think about how the little sister should know that her brother would have a problem marrying a blood relative, so he would be hesitant to marry one of the school girls because he doesn't know if one of them is his sister. Since the bodyguard is "against" him marrying his sister, he would never expect her to be his actual sister. Thus she can make him fall in love with her with no fear of her being his sister, when in reality she is his half sister. The sister also seems cunning as she is able to get his phone number and spy on him, so it would make sense the ninja/guard is the sister. She also seems to use a voice changer when she calls and that tool should be available to someone like her. Not to mention she did not care that he saw her naked body and the fact that she has a similar chest size to the girl he saw in the first episode. But this is anime, so LOGIC can be thrown out the window Smile
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so the first episode had some dumb elements in addition to being boring but this time it was inane. Regardless, it was entertaining but needs more things to happen. Cute naked women can only take things so far.

Oh and about his sister. I think I know who imouto is. Very simple in fact. Considering that our protagonist needs to be able to tap in all of his harem in the end the only one he won't naturally consider for that is... his loli teacher. She was at the party like she said and I bet we will see more evidence for this hypothesis as the series goes on. That is if it keeps my interest.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to call this now and hope I'm wrong:

spoiler[There is no little sister. The one calling is the maid cafe chick. She's advertising her cafe in hopes of becoming successful. Mister X is just a nut proclaiming nonsensical things to MC. Maybe all of them are involved in prank calling MC. We probably won't find out.]

As for episode 2, all I paid attention to was the cleavage shots. That's all the attention I put into the show.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
oh boy wonder who the sister continues?

now we bring a person who really a girl pretend as boy help shougo give whole inject of drool a lot of saliva bit too much!!!

yea give dance party cue dance duel but oops grab the you know what cue shougo you got head kick in.

oh have private dance outdoor cue dress drop at least help came then run.

then ta-da another phone call from the sister hmm thinking of marry your sister?

oh boy hmm options so far between who could be sister either maury dna test or someone confess on it?
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh god. By posting in this thread I am admitting that I'm following this show. Groan.

EmbraceMe wrote:
spoiler[There is no little sister. The one calling is the maid cafe chick. She's advertising her cafe in hopes of becoming successful. Mister X is just a nut proclaiming nonsensical things to MC. Maybe all of them are involved in prank calling MC. We probably won't find out.]

This doesn't explain the spoiler[sister turning up at the funeral.]

I think Miyabi is the sister. She has a similar voice to the sister, she has brown twin-tails, she's short, and she seems determined to keep him from hooking up with the black-haired girl.

I too knew that Mister X was a girl. In fact, I was surprised when she turned up to school dressed as a boy.

I don't like how two girls are already out of the running simply because they are older than him, killing the tension when he is with them. Unless the part about the sister being younger than him is a ruse?

Although DNA was actually mentioned, what wasn't covered was caller ID. Seriously, my cell-phone is not a smartphone (it was waaay obsolete when I bought it two years ago) and yet even it has caller ID. He's an out-and-out moron if he can't just look at what number is ringing him.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Oh god. By posting in this thread I am admitting that I'm following this show. Groan.
*takes picture* I will use this when for when you become a politician or something. *adds to rest of blackmail material*

dtm42 wrote:
Although DNA was actually mentioned, what wasn't covered was caller ID. Seriously, my cell-phone is not a smartphone (it was waaay obsolete when I bought it two years ago) and yet even it has caller ID. He's an out-and-out moron if he can't just look at what number is ringing him.
Clue number one, the sister is a phantom. Or a hacker.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Geez, you guys are missing the obvious solution: they're ALL his sisters...except for the chick who is calling him claiming to be his sister.

Sorry for spoiling it for y'all.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Geez, you guys are missing the obvious solution: they're ALL his sisters...except for the chick who is calling him claiming to be his sister.

wow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWI2sDZMJ4
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I can see that. They all seem to share the gene for "no nipples." The old man got around.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Of course it would never occur to him to ask his mother about his previously unknown sister.

There is only one of two ways this will end:

Door #1: He will end up with none of the girls. The story will be unresolved, he refuses to choose between them, or some plot twist will make it unnecessary so he won't.

Door #2: He will end up with all of the girls. Some legalistic/cultural anomaly/trick will allow this.

I don't see it ending where he ends up with one of them.
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Jesus christ are they even trying here? Was there a clause for them to hit EVERY troupe in the book when they received funding for this?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Pixelationist wrote:
Jesus christ are they even trying here? Was there a clause for them to hit EVERY troupe in the book when they received funding for this?

If it's an adaptation, avoiding those becomes a very tough matter. And no director or writer is going to bother trying to make a series like this more cerebral or extraordinary. They know it's a series by numbers, and it pays the bills. Occasionally you'll get a show like Mashiroiro which plays around with a nice relaxing tone and atmosphere, but those are more uncommon.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually really digging this show. This was #2 on my summer season to watch list and I'm glad Crunchyroll is streaming it. Visually it's a nice show with good character designs and music. And the story may be cliched harem with all the formulaic fanservice cues and plot devices, but the mystery it's presenting is very enjoyable.

There's one thing I think others are overlooking but I don't fault anyone for that. This show is supposed to be deceptive by providing clues that lead you in both directions; wrong or right. The synopsis explains that his little sister wants to marry him. What the synopsis and the show itself does not clarify is whether there is an additional person who has been plotting to marry him.

The person calling him most solidly hints at being the silver haired witch girl, but the 2nd episode spoiler[debunks that when she basically says the marriage thing and the sister thing are both make-believe that her cafe does for fun] (but remember she may not be the one who is calling him, that's still a mystery). Since her voice is similar to the mystery caller, she may have called him but she is possibly neither his sister, a secondary stalker, nor the mystery caller. It's too obvious and too early in the series, so the creators wanted to distract us from clues that point to some of the other girls that we should have been paying attention to closer.

I'm going by the theory that any person who is expressing an interest in marrying him is not necessarily his sister but the show seems to be playing on our attachment to that idea, regardless of the taboo of it, of an incestuous crush distracting you from the possibility that someone else knows about the decree in the will. Which adds an extra layer to it since she may just be after his money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8