• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Life-Size Gundam Head Auction

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
It's the life-sized F-91 head, not the Rx-78.

But still, this doesn't sound like a good thing at all for Bandai.
subaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
haha.. wondering who the crazy otaku will be buying it... and where can u put it Smile
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
subaru wrote:
haha.. wondering who the crazy otaku will be buying it... and where can u put it Smile

I would but I need to keep my money where it's at and it looks like the bidding last I check was over $300. Nope, I think I'll keep the money in my pocket. And like you said even if I did have the money where the heck would I put it at? lol. Would be a fun thing to have though. Something to get chipped up for a long time until it comes from weighing over 600 pounds to less then 10 pounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm willing to bet it will at least break $500 by the time the auction is over. And any money going to charity is a good thing.
starlightgenie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure more people would bid on it if they didn't limit the auction to just locals, but I guess it's easier that way since shipping would have been very expensive. Anime hyper
Vinitachi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
The shipping is going to be a very big headache for the winner. Now got to wait to see on who buys it. If it bought by a person that lives in a average house. Oh boy... Time to cut down that wall! Anime hyper
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:44 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It's the life-sized F-91 head, not the Rx-78.

I'm not sure I would called it life-sized or 1:1 scale like they do. It's not that big.

Beatdigga wrote:
But still, this doesn't sound like a good thing at all for Bandai.

Blah. All the thing does is sit at the Bandai Store at the Metreon. It's a really small store, never busy when I was there. The head doesn't do much of anything anyway, except for the little bit of lighting it has.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quote
I don't know why, but the words "Gundam Head" more bring to mind Devil Gundam's giant mechanical worm-monsters than...you know, an actual Gundam Head.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
I'm not sure I would called it life-sized or 1:1 scale like they do. It's not that big.

The Gundam F91 was part of SNRI's plan to reduce the standard mobile suit size, and as a result is a full 4-5 meters shorter than the average Gundam. I'd believe the head's life-sized.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

The Gundam F91 was part of SNRI's plan to reduce the standard mobile suit size, and as a result is a full 4-5 meters shorter than the average Gundam. I'd believe the head's life-sized.

True. Maybe it's just a matter of perception, but I just have an image of it being bigger then that.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:37 am Reply with quote
I take it this means that the Bandai store in the Metreon has shut down? The pictures certainly make it look like they're dismantling the store.

-invalidname
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I'm surprised they are selling it for so little. I guess it's mostly because of the shipping being the owners responsibility. Still, it bugs me that I could get a giant Gundam head for half the price of the Special Edition of Tenchi Muyo! that was released in Japan that included the first two OAVs, both TV series, all three movies and a several other goodies...

*sigh*

"Anime, crack is cheaper"
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
I don't know why, but the words "Gundam Head" more bring to mind Devil Gundam's giant mechanical worm-monsters than...you know, an actual Gundam Head.

You've been trained well. Laughing

$410 as I type. I still think it'll break 500.
shikatamasu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
Hmm...I'm surprised they are selling it for so little. I guess it's mostly because of the shipping being the owners responsibility. Still, it bugs me that I could get a giant Gundam head for half the price of the Special Edition of Tenchi Muyo! that was released in Japan that included the first two OAVs, both TV series, all three movies and a several other goodies...

*sigh*

"Anime, crack is cheaper"

Ahem to that, or perhaps the complete collection of Ranma1/2.
I shudder to think of the shipping costs, but if someone can afford to purchase said Head..well that's a moot point, Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1