• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2005 Holiday Logo Contest

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
And remember, the more cleavage, the better the chances of winning.

Does it have to be an original drawing? The article says, "or any other cultural holiday of the season in your drawing, however you see fit!" It sounds like it has to be.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:
I remember the last time that happen. Once again, I can only draw stick figures. Good luck to people with skills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Elextro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I think I'll enter. Do we have to draw Jadress, or can we use one of the provided pics? I don't want to be DQ'ed for not doing it right Crying or Very sad
totalgeek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quote
Not to be a spoil sport, but is Bandai still releasing Wolf's Rain Limited Collection in a tin? I bought mine from Best Buy and it came in the black angular cardboard case with a red Wolf's Rain logo on the front.

I thought they decided against the tin, for some reason.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:13 am Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

Does it have to be an original drawing? The article says, "or any other cultural holiday of the season in your drawing, however you see fit!" It sounds like it has to be.

Wink Clearly. Especially since, you know, last year the winner was a snowman.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I feel totally stupid since I've been here for a while, but I didn't know the mascot of ANN had a name. So, is this person who posts sometimes your mascot? I had no idea... I actually didn't notice the resemblence between her and the character in the top left corner until now.
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:07 am Reply with quote
Resemblence..? I see no resemblence.. Twisted Evil

shhhh....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:22 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Resemblence..? I see no resemblence.. Twisted Evil
Yeah, it's Lois from TV's Family Guy if she was a blond hair elf. Far from Jadress.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quote
After looking at the past entries, it occurs to me that I haven't a chance of winning. Ah well, I wouldn't get an entry in by the 15th anyway.

So all an entry needs to be is a logo (with Jadress) that is 534 x 73 pixels? How many entries can be submitted per person?

An semi-related question: Is there a limit to how many contests a person can win on ANN?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

The time that a picture featuring cleavage won the contest it won *despite* having cleavage, not because of it.

Quote:

No it doesn't have to be original. But it can't include any copyrighted or trademarked material.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
So all an entry needs to be is a logo (with Jadress) that is 534 x 73 pixels? How many entries can be submitted per person?
Yes, no limit.

Quote:

An semi-related question: Is there a limit to how many contests a person can win on ANN?
Nope.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote
I had trouble with this last year, and I'm having trouble with it again in 2005. The layout for the larger logo option (not just the main ANN banner size) is ...not very clear (at least to me). I'd like to make a larger banner, but I'm not sure of the dimensions, mostly the height on the far left side and far right side. It kind of looks like its 2.5 times as tall as the main banner height, but I can't be sure. Copying the layout example provided and bringing it up in Photoshop returns an image dimension of 1012x226; I assume this is accurate and that by figuring in the ad banner sizes, we'd arrive at the proper space for creative minds to play with?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Hmm, I feel totally stupid since I've been here for a while, but I didn't know the mascot of ANN had a name. So, is this person who posts sometimes your mascot? I had no idea... I actually didn't notice the resemblence between her and the character in the top left corner until now.

That's Robin Sevakis, she created Jadress.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
DriftRoot wrote:
I had trouble with this last year, and I'm having trouble with it again in 2005. The layout for the larger logo option (not just the main ANN banner size) is ...not very clear (at least to me). I'd like to make a larger banner, but I'm not sure of the dimensions, mostly the height on the far left side and far right side. It kind of looks like its 2.5 times as tall as the main banner height, but I can't be sure. Copying the layout example provided and bringing it up in Photoshop returns an image dimension of 1012x226; I assume this is accurate and that by figuring in the ad banner sizes, we'd arrive at the proper space for creative minds to play with?

Correct. Just be sure to remember that the 728x90 banners go quite far to the right.

-t
halo2fastkawaii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
[quote="tempest"]
DriftRoot wrote:

.....Correct. Just be sure to remember that the 728x90 banners go quite far to the right.

-t

About the bigger banners, could you move them so its on the far left side? So that there is more room on the right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2