• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favourite North American anime company

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which North American anime company is your favourite?
Bandai Entertainment
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Funimation Entertainment
49%
 49%  [ 78 ]
Media Blasters
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
NIS America
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Nozomi Entertainment (Right Stuf)
12%
 12%  [ 20 ]
Section 23(ADV)
10%
 10%  [ 17 ]
Viz Media
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 158

kaiser11492

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Personally I was evenly split between Bandai Entertainment and FUNimation. Some of FUNimation's shows that i like include Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker than Black, and Full Metal Panic. However I voted for Bandai because my #1 favorite anime, Code Geass, was done by them. In my opinion, both companies treat their shows with care when it comes to dubbing. No extreme, unnecessary butchering and edits. Both companies try to preserve as much content as they can, and if they do make edits, they are extremely minute and they offer it in two different forms. They also both employ talented voice actors.

BTW, I noticed that 4kids Entertainment, which is notable dubbing company, wasn't listed in the polls, which is probably a good thing for them, because they would probably get .01% approval at max. Laughing
hikaru hasama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
As long as the stuff is good, I don't care. VIZ.... I only had Deathnote stuff. But I don't want to look. There's too many... Confused
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Used to be Funimation, but their combo pack releases instead of separate formats have made me disliked them this past year.

Now it's Section 23/Sentai Filmworks
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I voted "Other." I really have no favorite anime company, be it in North America or Japan. As long the shows are great and the English translations for English voice acting aren't super horrendous, I have no problems with any of them.
magmalord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:

BTW, I noticed that 4kids Entertainment, which is notable dubbing company, wasn't listed in the polls, which is probably a good thing for them, because they would probably get .01% approval at max. Laughing

I don't understand why so many people give 4kids so much flak in the first place. Most of those people complaing about them all watch subs anyway. Plus 4kids actually has a talented pool of VAs and its FOR KIDS not for mature people, so they have to cut down on violence, blood, and language.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
magmalord wrote:
kaiser11492 wrote:

I don't understand why so many people give 4kids so much flak in the first place. Most of those people complaing about them all watch subs anyway. Plus 4kids actually has a talented pool of VAs and its FOR KIDS not for mature people, so they have to cut down on violence, blood, and language.

I don't understand these people as well. Confused It's as if most of the people of ANN always have to find some sort of act to bash 4Kids on. Surely now there must be someone here that doesn't think that 4Kids is as bad as so many people here claim it is, no?
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
In a quick summation, what they do to the series they have licensed and redone is disrespectful. All they were in the business for is money, which, as we all know, is the root of any evil in this world.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
@Tenbyakugon

"...what they do to the series they have licensed and dubbed is disrespectful."

"Disrespectful" how? Confused You do understand that the folks at 4Kids have to edit out any scenes featuring blood, excessive violence, and offensive language of certain shows so that they'll be able to get them on the air, no? Besides, the name says it all - 4Kids is appealing to the kids demographic.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
If the series needs to be edited at all, then you simply do not license the series.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
In a quick summation, what they do to the series they have licensed and redone is disrespectful. All they were in the business for is money, which, as we all know, is the root of any evil in this world.

I really hope you're being facetious there.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:

I really hope you're being facetious there.

You apparently disagree? Just the same, I really hope you're not being naïve there.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
The naive one would be you, calling money the root of all evil, but whatever. I'll laugh at your stupidity, you'll laugh at mine, everyone has a good laugh.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
Tisk, tisk, I'm too tired to.
magmalord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
It's really sad how some people can't give a logical reason to bash on 4kids, other than its for kids. It's basically the scapegoat of the dub vs. sub debate, even though 4kids doesn't even dub anymore.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Tisk, tisk, I'm too tired to.

That's fine, I'll still laugh at you anyways. Your loss that you don't wish to laugh back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5