• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - The Long Con

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
About SAO - the show is going to be 25 episodes not 12 or 13. And really i don't see why people are finding the premise impossible when you factor everything in. About the government trying to shut it down
spoiler[the main scientist was hiding in a secret location when the game went on sale so the government could not find him. They have also tried hacking into it but that also failed and yes there were other enginers working on it but only the main scientist knew the true purpose of SAO and the helmets and he pretty much kept it a secret from everyone else.]
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
About SAO - the show is going to be 25 episodes not 12 or 13. And really i don't see why people are finding the premise impossible when you factor everything in. About the government trying to shut it down

I can't wait to find out of the anime is going to cover chapter 16.5. "Glop Glop Glop"
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
opn wrote:

I can't wait to find out of the anime is going to cover chapter 16.5. "Glop Glop Glop"

I doubt it but it would be hilarious if they did Laughing .
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:

Maybe it'll be a special on the BDs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
opn wrote:

Maybe it'll be a special on the BDs.

Two years. TWO YEARS!
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Two years. TWO YEARS!

Indeed it was.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
opn wrote:

Is that chapter with the completely gratuitous and unnecessary sex scene?

Someone on the forums here showed me the fan-translated version of that scene in PMs and it was the some of the most horrendously awkward writing I had ever seen.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Very entertaining podcast

First, I want to thank Zac for his views on Panty and Stocking. Now I clearly know that I do not have to bother with it. I guess I do not give even a 1/50 of a fudge to Panty and Stocking.

As far as summer season goes, I thought that it was going to be crap, but I am actually following more series that I anticipated. Natsuyuki Rendezvous is my favorite so far. I really like how the combination of drama and light comedy is coming together.

I am very curious about Sword Art Online. I agree that it has several implausible scenarios, but since when anime is logical? I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Total Eclipse might have some potential. I do not like silly series, but I am getting hooked on Tari Tari.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Is that chapter with the completely gratuitous and unnecessary sex scene?

Someone on the forums here showed me the fan-translated version of that scene in PMs and it was the some of the most horrendously awkward writing I had ever seen.

Way to ruin the goddamn joke Chagen.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
How in god's name was I supposed to know you were joking?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
How in god's name was I supposed to know you were joking?

Basic reading comprehension?

Though I do want them to cover it anyway, because it should be hiiiilarious.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I have normal reading comprehension, Fencedude (though I'm ridiculously tired right now), but I'm pretty sure people have mentioned said scene in the preview guide before.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I have normal reading comprehension, Fencedude (though I'm ridiculously tired right now), but I'm pretty sure people have mentioned said scene in the preview guide before.

Read the flow of the conversation again, pay attention to the emoticons and other textual clues. Spoiler: Its called "banter"
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Zac, Bamboo,

Thanks for the chit-chat on your SDCC experience. I was more than a little curious to find out if you, Zac, had made it into the Django Unchained panel. I did not make it into Hall H this year, in the first time in the six years I had been going there. You'd expect an early line for Twilight, so I'll give you that. But there were lines there starting overnight and at an insane length *very* early every morning thereafter. It was just *crazy*. The question in my mind was: were there that many fans for the scheduled panels or did people just want to be part of something that big and popular, regardless of their interest of the panels.

Zac also mentioned that the exhibition hall was packed to the gills. Keep in mind at the same time Hall H has 6000 people inside, Ballroom 20 has 4200 people in it, and the floor was still jam-packed. It boggles the mind.

Oh yeah, whenever the movie or tv studios had something to give away at their booths, it drew mass migrations of people to them, making walking anywhere near them even more difficult. They could have been giving out emery boards with their company logos on them and people would have still lined up for hours.

It doesn't help that the Convention Center has plans (two years old) to expand the place, but nothing has happened on that front either.

Don't get me wrong, I love the SDCC, but they have *got* to do something about the amount of people there.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Is SDCC kind of like how Calgary Comic Expo was this year or is it worse?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10