• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
what is it with these anime threads being filled with "look at the light novel/manga/books" comments.

the thread is about the anime not the damn books.
go to the manga section if you feel so inclined to mention every detail in the books. some of us don't give a flying **** about what was or wasn't in the books!

gets really old entering the ANIME section and having 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts about the mangas in each thread because some members are simply too dense to tell the difference between one section and the other.

you want to talk anime do so. but you want to talk about the script you read on the writers ass go to the appropriate section.

you don't make the rules around here. Go ask the mods to delete those posts or make a new rules.

No, but he does have a point. This is far from the first series-based thread so far this year where I've seen steady complaints about source material discussions, and frankly, I have to agree that it's getting out of hand.

Just to be clear here: references to things that happen in source material must be spoiler-tagged and marked as source material spoilers. While some people don't typically mind all of these comparisons, others definitely do. Discussions purely about the source material shouldn't be happening in this or other anime series threads in any case; only ones about how it relates to the anime are acceptable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
Ewwwww please guys, stop making dirty jokes about the CREAM!! Anime hyper

....it's grossing me out! >_>

....and I thought that was butter at first....
We could do some pretty tasteless butter jokes also. I was going to use one, but it was a bit too low brow; butter is not the most innocent sound word.

Please Dusk, please don't. Anime hyper Butter is my favorite condiment. I don't want to have to stop eating it.

(no, I'm not fat. I'm not even close to what I should weigh lol)
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Please Dusk, please don't. Anime hyper Butter is my favorite condiment. I don't want to have to stop eating it.

Anyone else think "condiment" is similar to something else that would tie into this conversation?

Chiibi wrote:

You're quick to keep us from judging you. I'm still doing it though, you just can't see it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
what is it with these anime threads being filled with "look at the light novel/manga/books" comments.

the thread is about the anime not the damn books.
go to the manga section if you feel so inclined to mention every detail in the books. some of us don't give a flying **** about what was or wasn't in the books!

gets really old entering the ANIME section and having 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts about the mangas in each thread because some members are simply too dense to tell the difference between one section and the other.

you want to talk anime do so. but you want to talk about the script you read on the writers ass go to the appropriate section.

you don't make the rules around here. Go ask the mods to delete those posts or make a new rules.

No, but he does have a point. This is far from the first series-based thread so far this year where I've seen steady complaints about source material discussions, and frankly, I have to agree that it's getting out of hand.

Just to be clear here: references to things that happen in source material must be spoiler-tagged and marked as source material spoilers. While some people don't typically mind all of these comparisons, others definitely do. Discussions purely about the source material shouldn't be happening in this or other anime series threads in any case; only ones about how it relates to the anime are acceptable.

is all good as long as ANN make the rule about it. IF not, then it's all fair game. You can remove people's post if you want. it's not like you don't have the power to do it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, based on the preview it looks like Klein will be back. Going to be interesting to see how much progression he's made in the series since joining SAO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riddley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
Ewwwww please guys, stop making dirty jokes about the CREAM!! Anime hyper

....it's grossing me out! >_>

....and I thought that was butter at first....
We could do some pretty tasteless butter jokes also. I was going to use one, but it was a bit too low brow; butter is not the most innocent sound word.

Spreads should be banned...everyone should go back to butter. Truths.

And I AM fat, but that's an aside really.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
If we are going to do condiment based puns, then I can also use "jam it in", and also that "things are going to get saucey". Now how can I make marmalade sound dirty.

Oh yeah, Americans call "jam" "jelly", nah I can't do anything with that.

As for my preferred condiment, I prefer margarine, with the rare exceptions of jam sometimes on toast, and cream on scones (with jam).

So are off topic enough on a discussion about a bunch of people being stuck in a video game?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator Pffft. We're totally on topic. Except right when a new episode comes out, there isn't much that can be discussed about this anime except little details like a cute girl gobbling up that guy's cream.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@DuskyPredator Pffft. We're totally on topic. Except right when a new episode comes out, there isn't much that can be discussed about this anime except little details like a cute girl gobbling up that guy's cream.

Boy, taken out of context, though, that last statement sounds really, really wrong. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Boy, i can't be the only one feeling that episodes 2 & 3 have felt rather disjointed and rushed compared to the opener. It just kinda skips things you'd usually see, like spoiler[the battle with Nicholas the Renegade], usually a series would actually show something like that but SAO completely skipped the whole thing. And what level is he up to now? like spoiler[50 or something?]. I know as a series it can't show the whole adventure from 1-100 since that would just make a ridiculously long series but i expected the lower levels to be slightly more fleshed out than this.

Still fun to watch though, shame that spoiler[Kirito's first guild lasted less than an episode, rather quick kill off right there], and the spoiler[revival item] was kinda predictable if you remember how the NerveGear works in episode 1, spoiler[frying your brain, so a revival item wouldn't work unless it just brought back some sort of NPC avatar for a short while], the only way such an item would work is in the way it ended up working, although spoiler[seemed wasteful to just give it away, as a keen gamer i think thats far too valuable to give away, at least sell it or something]

thinking i might just read it instead now, its really bugging me the way the episodes are structured, even if the books are similar and this is how it is at least i don't have to wait for it each week

Last edited by Volibear on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Damn its getting real. Even though they just appeared in this episode spoiler[I still felt bad about Sachi's death]. I kind of liked it they skipped the bosses fight. There is so much fighting that can be shown with it getting tedious especially since there are no magic spells and just mostly sword swinging.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm not feeling any love for this series now because of the last two episodes. While they are giving details about Kirito and his experiences, I'm not really interested in what or how the episodes revealed it. It seemed a bit rushed, too. Well, I can't complain about the eyecandy I got from this episode. Sachi's pretty good looking; her design reminds me of Yukiho (I think that's who I'm referring to) from Idolm@ster.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish the dates would be more of an "X months later" thing. I mean, I know it's cheesy, but they can't honestly expect me to remember every date to properly place the next in context, can they?

I guess the idea is some kind of "here are the formative experiences making MainDude the Dude he is now," but we haven't met that dude, so maybe the ol' flashback trick would have been pretty useful here. Instead, we just aren't given enough time to care about what happens to any of these people.

spoiler[Did Klein and co. massacre dozens of dudes? And if so... what were the dead dudes thinking when picking such a one-sided fight?]
Skullface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I kind of wish the dates would be more of an "X months later" thing. I mean, I know it's cheesy, but they can't honestly expect me to remember every date to properly place the next in context, can they?

spoiler[Did Klein and co. massacre dozens of dudes? And if so... what were the dead dudes thinking when picking such a one-sided fight?]

spoiler[first half is a few months in while the 2nd half is like about 10 months around since the game started. Next ep will be a bit over a year since the game started. You don't really need to know exact dates or anything lol just what order they come in]

and nospoiler[they merely held up the people until the boss was killed then they all left since there was no point in being there]
Jklmn42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
Episode 3

Boy, i can't be the only one feeling that episodes 2 & 3 have felt rather disjointed and rushed compared to the opener. It just kinda skips things you'd usually see, like spoiler[the battle with Nicholas the Renegade], usually a series would actually show something like that but SAO completely skipped the whole thing. And what level is he up to now? like spoiler[50 or something?]. I know as a series it can't show the whole adventure from 1-100 since that would just make a ridiculously long series but i expected the lower levels to be slightly more fleshed out than this.

Still fun to watch though, shame that spoiler[Kirito's first guild lasted less than an episode, rather quick kill off right there], and the spoiler[revival item] was kinda predictable if you remember how the NerveGear works in episode 1, spoiler[frying your brain, so a revival item wouldn't work unless it just brought back some sort of NPC avatar for a short while], the only way such an item would work is in the way it ended up working, although spoiler[seemed wasteful to just give it away, as a keen gamer i think thats far too valuable to give away, at least sell it or something]

thinking i might just read it instead now, its really bugging me the way the episodes are structured, even if the books are similar and this is how it is at least i don't have to wait for it each week
actually they are spending more time on the lower levels than in the book and if you read the book you could also see a way that the item could work to a degree
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 274