• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Addition of a red coloured spoiler tag.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
After reading recent posts about Sword Art Online in the anime forum regarding the usage of proper warnings whenever mentioning facts of the source material, I had this idea.

How about introducing a red coloured spoiler tag besides the usual one for cases like these? The issue doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, and with this addition, moderating could get easier considering that they can just instruct the user to use it.

Would that be doable and practical?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
It's doable and practical, but I wonder if those source material people would bother.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Or we could do what I said before and make talk about source material against the rules when you're posting in the anime section. That seems a lot easier and it makes more sense since talking about manga or light novels in the anime section seems pretty off-topic to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't really mind when people say things like "in the manga, his character was easier going; in the anime he's more serious." It doesn't really hurt anything. Or comments like "the pacing in the manga was better." It's not really that useful, but it certainly doesn't ruin anything.

What is annoying are comments like "if this goes like the manga, Sergeant Bacon is going to die in a few episodes."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1