• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
LOL, one misunderstanding created a wild ride in episode 3 this week.

Also, the ending..my head's telling me that we're all going to get trolled next week. Anyways, entertaining episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote
oh poor shougo really wonder who you sister is one thing but mention of where babies made & oh with WHAT with "mr.x" oh boy grave is getting bigger.

sure give worse imagine 7 possible wonder who could be your sister give few of them are NOT give worse Konoe and Miyabi make sure stay with have woman to get baby.

more NO yea same bed with them on whole night to see if one of them is your sister if call but stay awake go like please tell i did not nap with sister.

spoiler[went to miyabi's place see figure toy soap & go like ask are you my sister?]

cue to be continued.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
It is is too early for them to reveal the sister's identity, so it is likely a false conclusion, and that puts a lot of the other characters higher on the list as being possibles. But I am still keeping my current theory, and consider that episode 3 is early off for a double fake out.

We will probably find some stuff about him knowing some characters in the past that he had forgotten soon that should help paint a picture. They will need to explain what happened here.

BTW, that sister caller sounds uber creepy, what do you think are the chances he might end up on a nice boat ride at the end of the series.

But the series touches my fantasy loving parts, wait it is not supposed to sound that creepy, I am saying that the guy is either really lucky, or the opposite to spoiler[wake up to a naked girl one day, wake up to two girls the next, and the sleep with the girls, they were even topless. It challenges some parts of Kiss x Sis.] Bodyguard is still best character, don't know why I have been loving gay jokes so much recently, I blame those two friends of the crawling chaos.

On a personal note, I see the issue of the sibling thing to do with the inherent hardwireing of the brain that makes us reject people that we grew up with. It being wrong because that is a feeling you naturally get that rejects the idea, but the supposed genetic issues are fairly rare, and mostly come from a long line of it happening. I see no moral problem with him getting with his sister he never knew, if they are compatible, but kind of creepy with talking the normal (or even cuter way) with a brother sister relationship.

Actually this kind of reminds me of a hypothetical in Kannagi where Nagi's cover story is being a half sister, and a character thinks about them being together and shunned by society.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yes I also think it is a false accusation as she did not say she was his sister. I don't think she heard him proclaiming her to be his sister as she was too shocked from his rejection. I don't think this anime will take the incestuous approach. She is probably an adopted daughter or something, so they would not be related by blood.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 made this show my favorite of the season so far and it only looks like it will get even better.

I really like how Miyabi really has taken spoiler[center stage for Shogo's attention] (because I like her myself) since she was previously overshadowed by the prospect of obvious-girl-is-obvious-Konoe. Something, I can't explain what, tells me that Miyabi is spoiler[not his sister] (and I hope she's not because I seriously want to strangle psycho telemarketer girl).

Also I was Laughing Laughing Laughing when sensei showed up in his dream.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
Oh, man! This is the most fun show this season!

Episode 3 was a wild hoot! I absolutely love how after every episode, all these kids on the internet are firing off silly, derisive comments like "Why doesn't he just DNA test them" or somesuch, and then in the very next episode they cover it! I also love that we've got a male main character in a shonen love comedy who's actually interested in the girls, but is being blocked because he doesn't want to do something skeevy. NICE. Finally, I love the mystery, and the way the clues are constantly sprinkled about of who is or is not the sister. Every time you think you have an idea on who the sister is, the evidence points in another direction. Hoo boy! This is sooo much stupid fun! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
interesting leap in logic: has merch of a really old show that he likes, so that must mean she is the sister.
Akaoni21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I think that logic dictates that Shougos actually the little sister... Fight Club esque split personality disorder tastic!

I came to this conclusion because he has a wound on his head. Its soooo obvious. (Maybe once he really did have a younger sister but she's probably dead... From a car accident or some random generic shit like that)

So naturally what do you do for the son that thinks he's an imouto? Send him to some trashy skank filled school in the hope that he'll realise he's actually got a dick and put all this Tyler Durden little sister bullshit behind him.

Rolling Eyes
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
The most interesting thing going on here is Shougo is beginning to see the circumstances around him in how they relate to the industrially complex he is set up to inherit. Although it is kind of stupid to place great significance on the bathroom soap dispenser or whatever it is it does seem that a pattern is emerging. The first instance is that he was contemplating the logo on the swimsuit.

If that continues I would say that this school/harem situation is a simulation/test of some kind set up by his father's will. That's just speculation. It is just as likely that the story is nowhere near that clever.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, I just caught up with this after it didn't kill Bamboo in the Stream.

I think the end of episode 3 has a pretty likely explanation if you've seen enough of this kind of show. spoiler[He probably met her earlier and played Granberion to save her from some nonsense, which made her fall in love with both him and Granberion.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

So the little sister from the calls was just spoiler[ Konoe trolling him by pretending to be his little sister because that was her wish since she met him as a child]. Now 2 of the girls are eliminated from being his little sister, spoiler[Konoe and Miyabi.]. I still think its the bodyguard who is actually the little sister or it might even be someone who hasn't been introduced yet as the preview showed there might be 2 new girls, a purple head and a red head.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I lol'd @ the end of episode 4 with the early wake up morning call. Lucky guy is lucky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Episode 4
So the little sister from the calls was just spoiler[ Konoe trolling him by pretending to be his little sister because that was her wish since she met him as a child]. Now 2 of the girls are eliminated from being his little sister, spoiler[Konoe and Miyabi.].

Don't count anyone out, man! We've got an amnesiac main character and a bunch of girls not being straight with us. The little sister might have just shed her tail....er, skirt.....er, something...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I'm going to call this now and hope I'm wrong:

spoiler[There is no little sister. The one calling is the maid cafe chick. She's advertising her cafe in hopes of becoming successful. Mister X is just a nut proclaiming nonsensical things to MC. Maybe all of them are involved in prank calling MC. We probably won't find out.]

Damn it, I was somewhat close. Well, at least he can spoiler[have "fun" time with the two best characters in the show. More fun than the fun they're having now.] Agh, dammit, I'm envious. Why can't I wake up next to two fine, nude ladies? Am I that repulsive? What does a man have to do to wake up next to two beautiful women?!

I guess I'll go buy body pillows now...
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote
so let get all sum the ep

spoiler[
shougo seem might have find his sister then mention something to konoe cue run & hmm phone call from "sister".
yet after some search found konoe & she was making the phone call as the "sister".
but wait she is NOT the sister it reveal konoe was shougo friend from kids years.
from pic, cake, & figure where all part help shougo's memory.
with reveal in kids years shougo save konoe from a car & how it explain the scar.
so that konoe notice shougo coming to school pretend to be the "sister".
ok then now here miyabi & reveal she also NOT the sister as well.
it reveal miyabi another friend of shougo in the kids years while in hospital.
with doing pretend wedding she want shougo & also explain soap figure bought together.
ok then good news konoe & miyabi are NOT your sister but search continue.
but bad news konoe & miyabi are coming get ya shougo to be your wife!!!
]

to be continued...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8