• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Smile Precure! Has Body Pillows of All 5 Girls

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Needs more Princess Forms.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Yayoi for Life
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
When I watched the first episode of Smile Pretty Cure, I immediately got the impression that they were angling for additional otaku appeal. I think my impressions have been confirmed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
When I watched the first episode of Smile Pretty Cure, I immediately got the impression that they were angling for additional otaku appeal. I think my impressions have been confirmed.

First time watching a kid's anime?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:

You're knew to this "Precure" thing, aren't you?
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
VORTIA wrote:

First time watching a kid's anime?

Hardly. I've watched a good number of magical girl shows, to include a couple of the previous Pretty Cure, but Smile seemed to be the one most deliberately pandering to the otaku demographic. Your impressions, of course, may vary. To me the character personalities and humor in Smile was a lot more akin to something out of Comic Alive than Nakayoshi.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Hardly. I've watched a good number of magical girl shows, to include a couple of the previous Pretty Cure, but Smile seemed to be the one most deliberately pandering to the otaku demographic. Your impressions, of course, may vary. To me the character personalities and humor in Smile was a lot more akin to something out of Comic Alive than Nakayoshi.

*cough*Heartcatch*cough*
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

*cough*Heartcatch*cough*

Yeah, I haven't seen Heartcatch. Apparently I should give it a go?
Flower Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Glorious

I need to buy one
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

*cough*Heartcatch*cough*

Tied for best Precure, with Splash Star.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

*cough*Heartcatch*cough*

Tied for best Precure, with Splash Star.

I think Smile may give them both a run for their money. I personally enjoyed Yes! in addition to Heartcatch and Splash Star. Of course, Cure Marine is still the best.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The pillows measure 40 centimeters by 90 centimeters (about 15 inches by 35 inches), which is smaller than the typical dakimakura (hugging body pillows).

It's little Timmy's eleventh birthday. The candles have been blown out and the presents have been passed around. At last, his cool big bro places his hand on the birthday boy's shoulder and says, "Tim, I've thought about it a lot, and now that you're almost a man, I've decided it's time. You're ready for your first body pillow."

Little Timmy, bless his heart, glows with excitement! "Gee whiz, my own body pillow!! Can I have Rei Ayanami!?"

Big bro just chuckles heartily. "Now don't get ahead of yourself, little buddy. I figured we'd start you out with something a little more... your own size." He pulls a three-foot-tall Cure Booty pillow out from behind his back. Little Timmy, eyes wide as saucers, instinctively reaches to grasp the dwarf-sized treasure, and with a proud tear misting his eyes Big Bro watches boy and pillow in their first moments together and recalls the days of his own youth in arcadia. "She's all yours, lil bro," he murmurs sagely. "Treat her good, now."
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Quote:
The pillows measure 40 centimeters by 90 centimeters (about 15 inches by 35 inches), which is smaller than the typical dakimakura (hugging body pillows).

It's little Timmy's eleventh birthday. The candles have been blown out and the presents have been passed around. At last, his cool big bro places his hand on the birthday boy's shoulder and says, "Tim, I've thought about it a lot, and now that you're almost a man, I've decided it's time. You're ready for your first body pillow."

Little Timmy, bless his heart, glows with excitement! "Gee whiz, my own body pillow!! Can I have Rei Ayanami!?"

Big bro just chuckles heartily. "Now don't get ahead of yourself, little buddy. I figured we'd start you out with something a little more... your own size." He pulls a three-foot-tall Cure Booty pillow out from behind his back. Little Timmy, eyes wide as saucers, instinctively reaches to grasp the dwarf-sized treasure, and with a proud tear misting his eyes Big Bro watches boy and pillow in their first moments together and recalls the days of his own youth in arcadia. "She's all yours, lil bro," he murmurs sagely. "Treat her good, now."

This made me laugh WAY more than it should of.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Given the size, I'm pretty sure these are intended for children: girls who want to sleep next to their favorite heroines.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled sniggering.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Given the size, I'm pretty sure these are intended for children: girls who want to sleep next to their favorite heroines.

Precure: Turning little Japanese girls into lesbians since 2002.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2