• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Reaches Funding Goal for Tezuka's Triton

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Am I the only one who was a little disappointed that Triton didn't get its own Kickstarter? I mean, I'm happy for DMP's success and all, but I was interested in Unico and Triton and not Atomcat. The only way to get the Unico Plus rewards and the Triton books would've been to add significantly to my financial contribution, and I'd get Atomcat rewards that I don't particularly care for... Embarassed
I actually felt the same way, but decided to hope for being pleasantly surprised by Atomcat.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
ewsizemore wrote:
The Gordon Marshall, You will definitely be able to order all the books through your local comic shop or bookstore. DMP has made all its Tezuka books available to the general book buying market. So no worries. You won't be denied Tezuka goodness.

Would that include Chapters Indigo? I live in Canada, and that is our local book store chain.

When DMP did the Kickstarter for Swallowing the Earth, I had hoped that new copies would become avaliable at Chapters. They never did stock up, it's been listed on the site as "on back order" ever since without change.
ewsizemore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:22 am Reply with quote
The Gordon Marshall,

I can't say for sure. Did you talk to a local sales clerk? I know DMP has plenty of copies of Swallowing The Earth in their warehouse. Since it's an 18+ book, you may have to special order it. Best person to ask is Lissa Patillo of Kuriousity.ca. She's Candian too and knows how to work the bookstores for manga.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ewsizemore wrote:
The Gordon Marshall,

I can't say for sure. Did you talk to a local sales clerk? I know DMP has plenty of copies of Swallowing The Earth in their warehouse. Since it's an 18+ book, you may have to special order it. Best person to ask is Lissa Patillo of Kuriousity.ca. She's Candian too and knows how to work the bookstores for manga.

Except my parents would think that it would be too much of a hassle, LAWL. Chapters Indigo won't even let us order from stores in other locations of the same dang city. My entire city once had a single copy of Swallowing the Earth left, but because it was so far of a drive, we couldn't get it. When it comes to books, my life is unfair.

And wait- hold on. I see Barbara listed on Indigo Chapter's site as pre-order. Wasn't that also a Kickstarter manga? Things could be looking a little brighter now. Except I'm not exactly having an easy time locating Triton on their site either, so I could still be out of luck.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Triton's probably just not up yet, given that the Kickstarter only funded a few days ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2