• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters to Release Jubei-Chan Box Set in 2012

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
Never thought I'd see a set like this. Glad to see this classic make a comeback. Jubei-chan was the first series to introduce me to 'Akitaro Daichi's crazy humor. To bad the 2nd Season was weaker than the first but it's still worth watching. If you're a Jubei-chan fan or were curious about the series and never had the chance of picking it up now is the time. Good news indeed.
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
No clue what this is, but the fact they're releasing anime is good. I'll probably look into this, at least.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
well I guess it is better to release a license rescue, than to go out of business, just as long as I get my squid fix, I will be happy.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
It's seems all the news about Media Blasters recently is about licensing and releases. Makes me hopeful about Squid Girl season 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
norbjunior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Still obsessed with Jubei-chan, and Akitarou Daichi is a master. So glad this is getting rereleased.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
What are the discs like, single layer, old masters?
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
that moment when you find the anime that touched you when 5 years ago but you never knew its name....

and you finally find it. Anime cry I'm so happy.
GinkoArt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Aww sh!t, and I just purchased both J1 + J2 complete only a couple of weeks ago D:

But either way I dunno exactly if i'd consider this release because many (myself included) were not very content with the flimsy packaging of the Fushigi Yugi Season 1 set, wouldn't surprise me if MB did that packaging for Jubei-chan as well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Poor old MB. Re-packaging old shows and snagging the occasional obscure OVA is pretty much all they are capable of these days.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Great! Been wanting to watch this for a while now. Will definitely pick this up, I just hope it's both seasons together!
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious and action packed show. Akitatoh Daichi deserves more recognition in the anime fandom.

I would have wanted a bluray release, but that is being too hopeful.
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Guess this is a good time to put this on my rental list.
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I remember watching this show in High School and really liking it. I'm definitely going to pick this up at one point.

Now, about that Record of Lodoss War re-release...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
CountZeroOR wrote:
Yay! I remember watching this show in High School and really liking it. I'm definitely going to pick this up at one point.

Cancelled, so not happening. The original masters are lost and the old home video masters are severely degraded. They've likely returned the up front fees for the show and no longer have the license.
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
CountZeroOR wrote:

Cancelled, so not happening. The original masters are lost and the old home video masters are severely degraded. They've likely returned the up front fees for the show and no longer have the license.

Damn. I hadn't heard about the original masters being lost and the home video masters being degraded. When the Media Blasters release was canceled, I'd thought it was due to their financial problems - which would have meant that if MB managed to turn it around (or someone like Discotek managed to license rescue it from them), we'd still get a release. However, it sounds like that won't be the case. Bummer. This show was my go-to series when recommending a fantasy anime to someone when they want something that's more serious than Slayers, but lighter than Berserk & Claymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2