• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
bllanosr wrote:
The news stories he presented at the begining can be completely fabricated and no one is actually dying at all in the real world.

If the game equipment did not actually kill anyone, then the outside world would have taken action to disconnect them all by now. There would be nothing to stop them.

The only other possibility is that the virtual reality time corresponds to only a small amount of real time, so that in reality nobody yet knows there is a problem.
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
bllanosr wrote:
The news stories he presented at the begining can be completely fabricated and no one is actually dying at all in the real world.

If the game equipment did not actually kill anyone, then the outside world would have taken action to disconnect them all by now. There would be nothing to stop them.

The only other possibility is that the virtual reality time corresponds to only a small amount of real time, so that in reality nobody yet knows there is a problem.

Are you seriously trying to make sense of all this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
born2die

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
All the players must be placed on an IV for food intake, because even when you're dreaming you can taste foods. But, you can also feel pain. So idk why they can't.

I think the goal behind all this is that the creator wants to feel like a God in the world he created. I also think that maybe in the end he will have the last players PvP against each other.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
Are you seriously trying to make sense of all this?

Why not? There are a lot of anime discussed here that have far less of a cohesive logic base than SAO. And those often get thousands of words posted about them dissecting details about why this happened or why he did that.

As far as the scale of "that could really happen" factor, SAO actually ranks pretty high. After all it is just another story based on the so-called singularity which have been so popular lately.
Riddley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
I find it fun and interesting to try and guess where the writer will go with the plot and story. I don't see that as trying to make sense of something in the sense of reality.

Like I enjoyed discussing Eureka AO and where we think plot points will lead to and stuff...same with this one. I think it's interesting to try and guess the direction. But we're not trying to make "sense" out of it in a reality way I don't think, I know at least for my part I'm not.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Well what do you know. SAO bedsheets will up for sell featuring the main characters!

Hooray for equality for both male and female fans!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

spoiler[Silica sure found trouble fast..
Lucky her there's always some guy out there to save her.
She was being pretty selfish and proud though... it cost her.]

Kirito... always such a kind hearted guy.
spoiler[That redhead Rosalia really annoyed me.
The path to revive Pina was a thorny one 'cause that Silica always got into trouble.
The story about Kirito's sister was nice additional info about his life in the real world.
I was right to dislike Rosalia. That ambush]
was in for a nasty surprise.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...

Here's some equipment.

(show off the item interface, the transfer interface, etc.)

Oh, and here's a warp crystal.

(hand it off, put in pocket)

Edit: Is the Crunchyroll broadcast time essentially random?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I am hoping Asuna finally returns in the next episode, but who knows as the episode is titled "A crime within the walls."
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Hmm..latest episode was alright, better than the previous.

Also, not surprised those pkers got owned. Now, I'm wondering when Kirito will fight a worthy opponent and really struggle.

Maybe in the next episode? I wonder. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Inb4 trolls: awesome episode. Episode 3 could learn some things from episode 4 particularly the pacing, which was excellent. Although I read here that this episode is not relevant at all, well, that is completely wrong. We get the all too important, and even essential, doze of cuteness and the crucial Kirito's character development. I believe this and the last episode are the perfect set-up/background episodes laying the groundwork for the story ahead as well as further establishing the game world and the rules. I'll say this again, I expect great things from SAO.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
The scum of the MMO are spoiler[player killers, and with SAO they are actual murderers. So we can assume that Kirito picked up that Silica was being targeted, and followed her after she split up, so it was not just by chance that he was there, and he must have felt a bit guilty not jumping out in time to save the Pina. But at the same time he was using her as bait.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
@Yttrbio I can see the point you're making, but it did make sense. When he was giving her equipment, it was multiple items and he would have had to materialize them all just to hand them over. Materializing the crystal to hand it to her was probably not much effort, and from my understanding, it was an item she was to keep materialized.

Silica's HP is over 9000. That is all.

I was pleasantly surprised when spoiler[she didn't die and they (presumably) succeeded in reviving Pina.]
Clarste

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
Not to mention she'd have to dematerialize them again to actually equip them, since the equipment interface happens on the menus (as seen in episode 2 when he puts on the coat). Whereas items are used by materializing them and then poking them (as seen with the cream in episode 2).
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah this episode made up for the last one. I'm sure any of us who've played an MMO with pking felt alittle bit of justice there haha.

I'd like them to get back to the main storyline...like, it feels like it's speeding down the storyline...how many levels can you freaking get? lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 274