• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0 Film's Teaser Has Still More Piano Playing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
I gave a little 'whoooh!' when the last still in the trailer was shown.

Also, I'm really happy to see Evangelion continue its tradition of slightly pretentious artiness.
_V_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
...darn them.
terminus24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so we have a minute of a rainbow piano, which I assume Kaworu will play at some point in the movie. And Shinji might possibly play it with him.

Seriously, where are my giant robots fighting bloody battles with angels? Where's Gendo being the worst dad ever? WHERE'S PIRATE ASUKA!?!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
[and in the backgound Anno laughed on] Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dante80

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
w00t!...I still think though that sth like that would be more appropriate...Anime hyper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-6e2okU2KU

The only bad thing thus far with the rebuild project is....the damn waiting time...bring it on!

Quote:
[and in the backgound Anno laughed on]

While drinking the tears of butthurt fans... Twisted Evil
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Is my butt hurt? Do I feel trolled? Maybe if the entirety of the film ends up like this, but these ads are just part of the overall marketing campaign. Some of us have never felt trolled by Anno: I love Gunbuster's end, I'm okay with Nadia's end, and End of Evangelion is fantastic.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
[and in the backgound Anno laughed on]

Quote:
While drinking the tears of butthurt fans... Twisted Evil
Anno's fans also include those who wouldn't be his fans if he didn't do things like this.

These trailers give me a some hope that Rebuild might have more of the kind of elements that made the original series/EoE a memorable experience for me.
Dante80

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Nescio I agree with you, I actually loved both the tv ending and eoe...^^
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Is my butt hurt? Do I feel trolled? Maybe if the entirety of the film ends up like this, but these ads are just part of the overall marketing campaign. Some of us have never felt trolled by Anno: I love Gunbuster's end, I'm okay with Nadia's end, and End of Evangelion is fantastic.
Gunbusters and Nadia was well before his breakdown during EVA. He's never been the same since.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Gunbusters and Nadia was well before his breakdown during EVA. He's never been the same since.

Good, he needs to go into suicidal depression more often while still maintaining enough control of himself to direct a feature film, and for that film to have an enormous budget with a bunch of talented people working on it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Miyazaki in a recent magazine interview about his next movie.
Quote:
17. Though I think that I must finish drawing part B within this year. (laughs) After the earthquake disaster, I'm just thinking in circles. Anno is also just thinking about the last story of Evangelion in circles. I understand his feeling well. But there is no help for it even if we experience a wound with each other. Anno asked me, "Miya-san, don't you have experience difficulty?" then I said, "No. I don't experience difficulty." (laughs) But I actually have difficulty very much.
You decide.
RogerSterling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm imagining things but I instantly was reminded of the music from "Dance Like You Want to Win" from the TV series. Since Asuka is still around and they never touched upon the Angel that must be killed by 2 Eva's in Unison is it possible this piece of music is from the "re-imagined" sequence? There did seem to be a playful timing and bounce to the melody.

That whole episode was so memorable I don't know why they wouldn't put it in the movies.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Scumbag hipster otakus
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
O...kaay. So that was basically a pointless trailer. A decent song, sure, but a failure as far as, y'know, advertizing the film goes. Rolling Eyes
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
O...kaay. So that was basically a pointless trailer. A decent song, sure, but a failure as far as, y'know, advertizing the film goes. Rolling Eyes

I'm pretty sure enough people will go see the film if all they know in advance is the date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2