• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will you ever stop watching anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you ever stop watching anime?
You may take my life, but you'll never take my animu!
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Yes - plan to stop watching it eventually. (Marriage, career, studies, etc.)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
No - even if my life becomes very busy, I'll try to fit one episode here and there.
68%
 68%  [ 100 ]
No - I'd go as far as to move things in my life around so I can watch more anime.
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 147

Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
No simple way to answer this question. While I have been an anime fan for over 10 years now, there are still a decent number of titles I wish to check out at some point. At the same time, I have become increasingly fickle with which anime I choose to watch in recent years which has led me to drop titles at an increasing rate compared to my habits when I was still in college. Maybe I'll stick with anime for a few more years or maybe even ten. Don't have a clue for as long as there is still anything to grab my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I liked the 1st option (lol) so I chose it.
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
Life changes do occur, but as I've had the hobby for 15 years already, I suppose it's safe to assume I will not stop watching. At least, not as long as there are series around to entertain me. As I've gotten more into manga over the past several years, I feel more comfortable that I will remain in fandom for a long time, even if my anime viewing wanes somewhat over time. Manga's just so much more convenient to consume.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
Mylene wrote
Quote:
Manga's just so much more convenient to consume.

But it is much harder to display/store. Confused
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
Don't I know it...I hit the 1000 volume mark recently, and need to expand to another shelf in order to maintain my style of display. I don't want to have to give up and go with a bookstore/library display, but eventually it will have to happen. It should be a good long while though, the room where I keep my collection is big with a lot of space for shelves.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
@ Mylene

It has been years since I was able to display anything but the series I'm currently working on. The rest is in boxes on heavy duty shelving in the storage room. I've updated my spread sheet and I'm at 3800+ volumes. That does not count the Korean stuff, the OEL a box of Japanese Language volumes and several boxes of titles in "comic book" format. Shocked
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
I don't see why one would make a conscious effort to stop watching a medium, at some finite time in the future, unless it was obsession that inhibited maintaining a normal, productive life. It's generally more of a loss of interest, so, unless one can determine the future, it's an impossible question to answer. Unless you see yourself gradually losing interest now, that is.

I've been an anime fan for about 12 years, so far. I've accumulated a decent collection of its physical media, learned the Japanese language because of my interest in it, and have subscriptions on The Anime Network, Crunchyroll, and the largest, greatest anime news and review website to ever exist.

I've also gone through burn-out before, and it doesn't last long. I honestly don't see myself not being an anime fan, anymore. Ever.

BTW, I chose the fourth option. Yeah. It's like that.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
Hard to say. It really depends if there are shows I would like in the future. Not to mention how said shows are handled from translation to strange story decisions.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I chose option 3. I don't really want to be in a situation where I can't watch anime, but I realise life might get in the way, especially when I go back to university in September. My other half is tolerant of it, provided I don't spend too much money, and even watches some stuff with me.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Like so many others, I went with 3: "No - even if my life becomes very busy, I'll try to fit one episode here and there." Though manga, dramas, & K-pop have run roughshod over the huge part of my life that anime used to occupy, I still think that when I find the odd interesting title (I can count on one hand the number of series I've watched in the last, hmm, 2 years-- though the upcoming JoJo's anime is a sure thing) I'll have no problem working it into the rotation. If I drop anime as a medium completely it wouldn't be a conscientous decision, it'd just be that they've completely stopped making anything of interest to me. And I do hope it doesn't ever get to that point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darknessblades

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
i will only stop watching if there is an world-wide ban on animated series/anime
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Never, as long as the medium continues to produce things I like.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm going with "No I'll try to fit in an episode here and there", when I grow older I might watch some for Nostalgia reasons and if I find one that sounds interesting I might watch it. But I do plan on raising my kids on some anime like the Studio Ghibli movies and a few others. So I don't plan on stopping completly. I could also use Hetalia on a few occasions if I become a History teacher, but I plan on becoming a middle school or high school art teacher so I can use anime to help the students get inspiration and to help them appreciate foreign animation. Very Happy
kandysweet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
I take breaks where I don't watch anime for some time, but no, as of now I'm not planning on stopping.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Nope to many great things to watch
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4