• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haganai TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
Hooray, I hope they do better on the nudity this time and not awkwardly edit it in to where it looks completely out of place. That was an enjoyable romp of some miserable people forced together, and a guy rejecting sexual advances left and right.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
Cool. The Light Novel is still ongoing (I think), so hope for a resolution of some sort is low, but I liked the characters enough to watch more.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
they ended S1 at a pretty big cliff hanger so it's good to know it did well enough for a S2. Can't wait, was one of my favorite anime last year
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
Glorious! The light novels are great reads so seeing more of it animated will be good.

Kougeru wrote:
they ended S1 at a pretty big cliff hanger

Uh, no they didn't...
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
Meat? MEAT!

MEEEAAAAATTTTT
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hooray, I hope they do better on the nudity this time and not awkwardly edit it in to where it looks completely out of place. That was an enjoyable romp of some miserable people forced together, and a guy rejecting sexual advances left and right.

I don't really remember the nudity (other than the scenes in the public bath?), so it must not have been that out of place. In any case, I bought Sentai's recent release. The show is very good. I got a real sense of the characters and all their flaws, even though it was only a one cour series. I hope the new season maintains the tone the first season did.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Meat? MEAT!

MEEEAAAAATTTTT

Thanks to a certain forum (ends with suki) anytime meat is mentioned...i think of this scene

On topic though this is great news since i liked haganai a lot.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I don't really remember the nudity (other than the scenes in the public bath?), so it must not have been that out of place. In any case, I bought Sentai's recent release. The show is very good. I got a real sense of the characters and all their flaws, even though it was only a one cour series. I hope the new season maintains the tone the first season did.

It was added in for the BD release, even unnecessarily in some spots. I suppose it upped sales, otaku never tire of it, but I do when it poorly implemented. And what release? Wasn't this picked up by FUNi?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quote
Yaaaaaay, this makes me happy.

And I'm very amused that I could end up buying this and OreImo 2 at the same time (if they air in the same season or the seasons next to each other) due to the Hanazawa character in each.

tuxedocat wrote:

I don't really remember the nudity (other than the scenes in the public bath?), so it must not have been that out of place.

It wasn't in the TV broadcast, it was added in to the home video release.

Quote:
In any case, I bought Sentai's recent release. The show is very good. I got a real sense of the characters and all their flaws, even though it was only a one cour series. I hope the new season maintains the tone the first season did.

What does your recent purchases from Sentai have to do with this? Funi has the rights to Haganai, and they haven't released it yet. The last disc hasn't even been released in Japan (though it would have if it hadn't been delayed several months).
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

It was added in for the BD release, even unnecessarily in some spots. I suppose it upped sales, otaku never tire of it, but I do when it poorly implemented. And what release? Wasn't this picked up by FUNi?

Ah. Well, I guess that stuff didn't end up on Sentai's version. I didn't see anything that anyone could find objectionable.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
Super excited about this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
Great news. It sold enough to get a 2nd season so I wasn't too worried, but its still always great to get it officially announced.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

Ah. Well, I guess that stuff didn't end up on Sentai's version. I didn't see anything that anyone could find objectionable.

It might be prudent to point out that you apparently have no idea what show we are talking about.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

What release are you talking about? Sentai never put out Haganai on physical media, and they can't when those rights belong to another company. Are you confusing this with another series, or did you pick up a bootleg?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
huh.. well i guess people like sena enough for this, Maybe we can actually get some romance development this time around..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3