• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Investigating Technical Issues on Panty and Stocking DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:33 am Reply with quote
Manga UK - they try so hard to bring quality anime to the UK, and yet fall flat on their face each time.
littertray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
They screw up once and suddenly the world is falling apart. Did you ever think that it's not Manga UK's fault but a manufacturing fault at the plant the DVD's are printed. You can do quality control as much as you like but you only take samples from batchs to test, not every disc. Jesus we know they will replace the faulty discs so cut them some slack. They've been getting enough stick on Twitter before this already and they way it's going,if I worked for them, I'd just say stuff it and not bother announcing stuff or doing giveaways if I all I got was people moaning.
Fall flat on their face evrytime...shessh.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
It is highly unlikely to be a replication error - they just print the masters they are provided with; replication errors would normally lead to discs that don't play or glitches*. If it kept cutting out at random maybe, but not stuff simply being missing specifically from the ends of the episodes.

* I remember hearing about a case where a fingerprint on a glass masters was visibly reproduced on the CDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1