• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Will Re-Author Faulty Panty & Stocking DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
While I'm probably not interested in this title, I applaud them for doing something about the problem.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see Manga doing a replacement, although I suspect some of the retailers will wish Manga did the replacement direct.

I've still got to watch the second half od disc 2, and all of disc 3, but suspect i'll be doing a return to amazon and then re-order when the new release date is announced.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Though how on earth they got to this stage and didn't notice whole chunks of episode missing is anyone's guess.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Though how on earth they got to this stage and didn't notice whole chunks of episode missing is anyone's guess.

I was thinking maybe it was sabotage.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

I was thinking maybe it was sabotage.
Not a mirage?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
So hold on...
They are stating that the problem lies with the masters they were given, yet they are able to author new discs within a month or 2?
Surely it would take a lot longer to get on the case of the supplier of the masters, then get new ones sent out, then reauthor the discs, print them, and send out to retail...?
Either Manga aren't happy with the supplier and will go ape shit on them, or they are telling porkys...
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
So hold on...
They are stating that the problem lies with the masters they were given, yet they are able to author new discs within a month or 2?
Surely it would take a lot longer to get on the case of the supplier of the masters, then get new ones sent out, then reauthor the discs, print them, and send out to retail...?
Either Manga aren't happy with the supplier and will go ape shit on them, or they are telling porkys...
Probably both.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
If it helps, they are awaiting new hard drive masters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
elscar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
"We run a vigorous quality control process at Manga Entertainment"

obviously not
Palademon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote
But when they re-release it, how are we going to be able to tell which copies are the new ones...?
Nilrem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote
Palademon wrote:
But when they re-release it, how are we going to be able to tell which copies are the new ones...?

Hopefully they'll put it on a new SKU, possibly with a slightly different title "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, the working version" Wink

Slightly more seriously, I'd keep an eye on the listings at Amazon and Anime-on-line as I suspect it will be dealt with as a new release, so will appear for pre-order.

I've just sorted my return to Amazon for a refund on my current set, and mentioned in the reason for return that there was a fault on all current sets (I hate returning DVD's even when there is an acknowledged fault, or they've arrived in damaged cases, which is part of the reason I keep a store of spare cases).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Palademon wrote:

Been answered:

Quote:
None of the current P&S stock will be in shops/available when the new version is released

(source)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1