• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What manga series can you think of that are currently on Hiatus?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote
Speedy_J wrote:
A manga I recently read and finished just now was Highschool Of The Dead. And that has been on a hiatus since last year am I right?

I was just about to talk about that series. That's right, I've heard the manga goes on hiatus because the brothers doing it can't stand each other sometimes Razz

Shenl742 wrote:
I thought it was because the author's ex basically destroyed his life

Oh, yeah. I heard about that one over TvTropes (but they didn't link to the source). Either way, it was definitly on hiatus and I'm glad it's back, Darkness is a lot better than the original!
4750G

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
When you say hiatus, I most definitely think of Nana first. I so badly want to read the next volume but I don't know when, if ever, it will be released. Sad

Besides Nana, Liar Game also comes to mind. The series went on a hiatus for almost a year a think, then new chapters came out, but as of now I have no clue as to how the manga or the mangaka is doing. I do wish a new chapter's released though, I like the story.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Actually, Legal Drug's been back since last November, under the name "Drug & Drop"

Cool, I must have missed that news. I never picked up the first part of the series since I didn't know if it would be finished so I may check it out now.

I know I would have heard about X or Clover though, since I've watched/read both of those.
Guardsman Bass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
High School of the Dead has probably spent more time on hiatus than off it. They started it back in 2006. It's too bad, since I really like it - it's like watching a zombie movie in manga form (the anime was a lot of fun too).

Liar Game was on hiatus, too, although that's understandable. I doubt it's easy for the author to keep coming up with these incredibly elaborate games for the cast to play.
Speedy_J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Since Highschool Of The Dead is on Hiatus, this past weekend there was an Anime Convention in Germany called AnimagiC and the illustrator Shouji Sato attended and did a Q&A Session and was asked about the future of the series. HOTD is on Hiatus mainly because Shouji is doing work on his other series Triage X, and he's doing alot of research in terms of weapons, vehicles, etc. for HOTD.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's completely off hiatus or not, but the third volume of Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro was released after a 5 year wait.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
DN Angel is another. Seems to be one of those "shoved to the side because of other projects" series :/
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm not sure if it's back on hiatus or just coming out extremely slowly, but D.N.Angel was on hiatus for a couple years, then started back up again in 2008, but there have only been a couple volumes released in that time so I dunno what the deal is. Yukiru Sugisaki seems to have trouble keeping herself focused.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Nah, I wouldn't call that 'coming out slowly'. A good example would be Yuu Watase's Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden. She's currently doing Arata, but a volume from Genbu does show up every now and then. I don't even know what the progress percent on it is. I just remember getting the first two volumes and then have been holding off form the rest, knowing that it's been slow.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Volume 10 is coming out on September 4th. Volume 9 came out on November 3. In 2009. Yeah, slow is an understatement.
thebeats42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote
I have been reading SHINDERE SHOUJO TO KODOKU NA SHINIGAMI and it seems like its on a hiatus Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2