• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: VS Aliens GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Now, I'm a little interested in it since I've never heard of Gen Manga Entertainment.

I'm surprised RightStuf hasn't listed it in catalog yet since it is in print version.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Gen Manga was doing print at all. Even the magazine is available in print. Very interesting. I might check this and a few of their other series out.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I've been mildly aware of GEN Manga since I've see ads of them online occasionally.

VS Aliens sounds pretty interesting. Nice to see more Indie manga being released in America. Sometimes seeing the work of new manga artists can be quite intriguing since they are just starting out in their career.

Quote:
Nice (albeit thin) paper quality on the print release.

How 'thin', may I ask?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

In technical terms, it's like a mid-thickness newsprint. For comparison purposes, I'd say it's thicker than the paper in the Viz 3-in-1s, but thinner than their regular releases.

Gen really has some interesting stuff coming out - SoulS and the Sorako short stories are both very well done, particularly the latter - it reminds me of Solanin, but a little more hopeful. None of their stuff is "same old, same old," so if you need a little change, absolutely check them out. I think it's like $2 for a monthly online subscription to check out the magazine, which isn't a bad price to preview the stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1