• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Project-H' greenlinks (merger needed?)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quote
I've forgotten, so I'm asking: do I need to create a separate entry for a company in order for it to be merged as an alias into an existing company entry? I ask because Project-H Books is not being picked up as a greenlink for the earlier news items that used "Project-H" alone.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
Personally I'd prefer an "Alternative title" option for companies, but in this case a merger is fine with me.

There's one question though: should the main title be "Project-H Books" or simply "Project-H"? The official Twitter page uses the former while the official company name uses the latter (plus "LLC", which should be omitted).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
There's one question though: should the main title be "Project-H Books" or simply "Project-H"? The official Twitter page uses the former while the official company name uses the latter (plus "LLC", which should be omitted).

I can't tell. Spot checks of Google Books and Amazon yielded no releases for which previews are available, and I don't have any copies of their books. Either way, I'll be glad to change the mentions in their entry, since I entered them (the Web sites and "About"). Perhaps you, I, or someone else could E-mail them?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
I asked on AnimeNation, and the user DarkNataku was kind enough to scan the needed pages—see the third image:

"Project H announces 20 new Ero-Manga titles for the US Market"
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
I asked on AnimeNation, and the user DarkNataku was kind enough to scan the needed pages—see the third image:

So I'd say their company title is simply "Project-H", right? The way they romanize Takeshobo is kind of weird, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

So I'd say their company title is simply "Project-H", right?

That's what I take from it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
Done.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Done.

Thank you! Very Happy I changed the name in the entry's comment.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
One last request on this topic—"Digital Manga's Project H Adds Hiroshi Itaba, Chihiro Harumi Titles" is not greenlinked because the imprint is spelled "Project H" (without the hyphen) in both the title and the body of the news item. Would you please be so kind as to correct this?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
One last request on this topic—"Digital Manga's Project H Adds Hiroshi Itaba, Chihiro Harumi Titles" is not greenlinked because the imprint is spelled "Project H" (without the hyphen) in both the title and the body of the news item. Would you please be so kind as to correct this?

Done and thanks.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks again (Very Happy), and you're welcome, though it was no trouble—I was going through the news items of my own accord. (They've announced thirty volumes as licensed in less than three weeks, and I wondered how many there had been before that—fourteen, by my count.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1