• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Aquarion id: 4796

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samethernet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
Aquarion Evol not marked as a sequal in the Related Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote
samethernet wrote:
Aquarion Evol not marked as a sequal in the Related Anime

If Aquarion Evol is indeed a sequel to Aquarion, please explain why (covered with spoiler tags if necessary) and provide the source of your information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
samethernet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
when adding other anime to my list all the sequals were marked with the exception of Aquarion Evol, Aquarion Evol is indeed a sequal to the original, anyone who has watched it can say it was, but for my source of information here are source links which i can acquire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarion_Evol
http://shindeiie.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/aquarion-evol-first-impressions-there-is-no-way-this-is-a-cat/
http://animerevs.com/aquarion-evol/
http://tokyomi.com/anime/anime-news-aquarion-evol-premiers-today-on-tv-tokyo/
http://evol.ethereal-world.net/

thanks in advance, otherwise its not a big deal if it aint marked
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
It is a sequel to the extent that it occurs after it. spoiler[A lot of the characters are reincarnations, but since 10000 years have passed: it's not like you see a lot of recurring characters in their original form.]
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I've set it as a sequel.

samethernet wrote:
when adding other anime to my list all the sequals were marked with the exception of Aquarion Evol

Might be just a coincidence; other sequels had been confirmed but Aquarion Evol had not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Just because you can't find an article that confirms it doesn't mean it isn't a sequel. If you actually watch the series, you'll see that it is in fact a sequel.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Aoi_Sakaraba wrote:
If you actually watch the series, you'll see that it is in fact a sequel.

I'm not saying watching is not enough, but as I said in the second post: you'd better give an explanation, covered with spoiler tags if necessary, not just a one-liner like the thread starter did in the first post.

Last edited by dormcat on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kraker2k

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
Let's see, from what I remember from watching Evol:

spoiler[- The character Zen Fudo in Evol is in fact the same person as Gen Fudo from the original Aquarion.
- Towards the end of Evol, we discover that the 3 characters that sacrificed themselves at the end of the 1st show are still in hibernation under the earth, protecting the planet. They appear in the final episode to give words of encouragement to the Evol protagonists.
- Evol also goes on to retcon some of the events from the original Aquarion, or rather it puts in an explanation where there was none to begin with. In the original, Apollo was thought to be the reincarnation of Apollonius, but Evol states that's not true, Apollo was the reincarnation of Pollon, the pet dog Apolonius had (cue lots of fans going crazy over this)
- Sylvia and Apollo from the 1st show get mentioned often. They also make various appearances, and the show eventually flashbacks to the end of the 1st show. ]

That's the gist of it. It's pretty much a sequel when you consider these things.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
@Kraker2k this was actually resolved awhile ago; it was added as a sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1