• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lagrange Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Well looking at this cast list give few some names we know and yet some other names look like fresh voice as well in it. Give never heard of Sophie Roberts or Buba Chow while rest little known bits with few voice roles such as Kira Buckland (Aika R-16), Erika Harlacher, and Jason Wishnov (Goro in Squid Girl).

Overall mix of newer voice and well known on it I say really looking to more develop of fresh voices.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
You mean they're relegating all of their A-listers to supporting roles, when they could be casting Vic Mignogna as Madoka, Sam Regal as Lan, and JYB as Muginami?!
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
You mean they're relegating all of their A-listers to supporting roles, when they could be casting Vic Mignogna as Madoka, Sam Regal as Lan, and JYB as Muginami?!

uh you do realize that

1.main leads are females
2.give some fresh, rising, newer voices on the rise
3.just hold on til you see dub samples.

besides california dubbing recently having fresh names on rise on dub so give new names a shot at main leads.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
uh you do realize that ...

Yes, yes I do. Razz

But being serious: you're right, there's nothing wrong with these choices.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
I'm not really fond of all these new comers who are in the lead roles but we'l l see if Kira Buckland can carry a dub as the lead or not by the end of the year I would of liked to see someone more experienced in the lead role hopefully this isn't a half ass type of dub like Redline was.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
This definitely looks like a Bang Zoom! dub with its mix of fresh talent and experienced ones. And hot damn, it's about time I get to hear Kira Buckland in a lead role. Her spunky rendition of Haruhi Suzumiya during AX Idol 2007 was pretty spot on so I think she can really nail Madoka.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
hopefully this isn't a half ass type of dub like Redline was.

I'm just going to throw this out there, I don't think I'm ever going to understand what part of the Redline dub was weak or half-ass to people that have said so. I have the movie on DVD, I've heard the dub a few times and found nothing bothersomely wrong with it. Whatever it is about that dub or the way Alex Von David directed it that disappointed people so much, they're going to need to point to specific clips or lines within the film for the criticism to make any sense to me, because right now I'm not getting it.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Haha, feep (Jason) scored the role after all.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Kira Buckland is getting a lead huh? Awesome! She's finally made it. More people might know her as Rina-Chan, the VA queen of Newgrounds. Seriously, if Newgrounds were a physical place you could spit in a random direction and hit something Kira was in. I'VE gotten Kira to work for me one time on an old project of mine even.

Regardless of how she does, she's proof that trying over and over again, never giving up and not turning your nose up to a role because you think it's beneath you will get you somewhere one day.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Kira Buckland is getting a lead huh? Awesome! She's finally made it. More people might know her as Rina-Chan, the VA queen of Newgrounds. Seriously, if Newgrounds were a physical place you could spit in a random direction and hit something Kira was in. I'VE gotten Kira to work for me one time on an old project of mine even.

Wait, she's Rina? She's going to make a good Madoka then her voice is really energetic and will fit perfectly.

On the other hand am I the only one thinking Kirius and c.o got horribly miscast? Also Vic voicing Moid.... spoiler[can he really pull off that scene from ep 1, and the whole kinda sorta evil thing in season 2?]
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
hopefully this isn't a half ass type of dub like Redline was.

I'm just going to throw this out there, I don't think I'm ever going to understand what part of the Redline dub was weak or half-ass to people that have said so. I have the movie on DVD, I've heard the dub a few times and found nothing bothersomely wrong with it. Whatever it is about that dub or the way Alex Von David directed it that disappointed people so much, they're going to need to point to specific clips or lines within the film for the criticism to make any sense to me, because right now I'm not getting it.

That name comes from the far world of the planet douchiazu.

For the dub, wouldn't mind to check as Madoka and Lan (probably an alias and other one). But a good choice for the Strass as Muginami.

Where's Neon Alley coming up for 360 and the Wii, despite buying me a PS3 on holiday season.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Kira Buckland is getting a lead huh? Awesome! She's finally made it. More people might know her as Rina-Chan, the VA queen of Newgrounds.

WHAT. Shocked

That's Rina? Mother of god. Congratz to her then.

As for Vic Mic-whatever as Moid;

He could probably pull of first season with a higher pitch Raven (Gravion) voice. Have no idea what could be done for Season 2.

Still seeing Kirius and co being miscasted. Unless Bosch can pull of a different range for Kirius, meh.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Nice casting. I actually never have heard of this "Langrange" show before. Might give it a look sometime.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes nice to see a dub. but hey viz were can i get a blu-ray or DVD? some of us like to own our anime!!! or is that out of date.
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Sad that greats like Bosch, Vic, Wendee and Sam are involved with this stain on anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2