• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Hiring [2005-12-19]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedComet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
What state is Digital Manga based in?
Arakis
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
California.

That being said, proximity should of course only have bearing on their full-time/part-time positions. I've been on the East Coast the entire time I've freelanced for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
LordRobin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Curious: How has your experience been working for them? Before I brought "The Dub Track" to ANN, I had written it for Akadot.com for two years. During that time, I went through two editors, both of whom quit due to problems with management. I quit the site myself because getting an article posted was like pulling teeth.

That was a long time ago, though, and I figure things may have improved, especially since they no longer have the anime division or Newtype to worry about.

------RM
Arakis
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
From what I've heard, Digital Manga had an uphill climb to deal with when they were getting started. I seem to remember them asking Ironcat (of all companies) for advice when I was working for IC, but they've progressed far beyond that point. I started working with them just after they began the Dark Horse copublishing and offered me Hellsing. I had taken the translation test and then didn't hear anything for a year, but I think they were still finding their footing during that time. I only deal with one editor there directly, but he's easy to work with and I've never had any real problem with communication. As for pay, they stick to their stated schedules and the rates are what I consider industry standard so I have no complaints there either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1