• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Away For the Holidays

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm still debating on whether or not I should check out Street Fighter Generations, I didn't like Alpha at all and seeing as how this is a 45 min. prequel it doesn't seem like there is enough content in it. Also, ANN had links a while to little scenes from the movie and there was a scene where Ryu fought Sakura. Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sakura meet Ryu for the first time in Alpha? Also I thought Ryu wasn't really aware of Akuma until Alpha, so how is this a prequel (especially since from what I heard they changed Akuma's name to Gouki)?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Pr0n defeats Harem! It's the upset of the year! Laughing

You should come to Flyers games. I could at least be a meat shield. Rolling Eyes
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
not that i like this stuff... but if you hate ecchi shows so much, why do you keep reviewing them?
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Street Fighter Generations was kinda a suprise highlight of this week to me. Typically, video game adaptions (especially Fighting Game adaptions) 92.721518% of the time end up being abysmal. So I ask, where does this end up on that spectrum? Rental Shelf status for a fighting game adaption is already saying something, so I wonder if this is that small 7.278482%?

Heh. An H in Rental Shelf. Now I'm really intrgued. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
rocklobster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Probably because Colorful and FLCL have now been aired on tv.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
not that i like this stuff... but if you hate ecchi shows so much, why do you keep reviewing them?

1) When did I ever say I hated them?
2) I review everything that comes to me. If I only reviewed stuff I liked, what would be the point in that?

Joe Mello wrote:
You should come to Flyers games. I could at least be a meat shield.

Sad I'd be so conflicted, since you guys have our Forsberg.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Just a correction as i stroke my pizza-filled nerd beard and refuse to bathe for two weeks in a row, but gigantor is actually an English adaptation of the old Tetsujin-28, so this new Tetsujin-28 is hardly inspired by Gigantor considering it came from..welll.. somewheres else.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
question.

the hentai title, you say it is pretty clean etc

is the sex itself free of bondage and the like or do you just mean the animation is clean and it is full of bondage, rape and tentacles?
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

That's not as bad as Dallas taking an entire team away from us Minnesotans.
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
question.

is the sex itself free of bondage and the like or do you just mean the animation is clean and it is full of bondage, rape and tentacles?

I hear it's set during the civil war...

I think that answers a lot of questions Razz (sort of)

But the most impressive aspect of the series tends to be that most people say it's quite possibly the best hentai ever created in terms of animation production (the animation is godly)... plot is thin, sex is lot (har har har)

Anyway, picking it up... but not now, I don't seem to have the cash *lame*
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
question.

Both, actually, but I was referring to the animation.

Lookswise, it's very pristine. The people are very "shiny" (lots of white reflection marks), there's no stray lines, and everything is very groomed colorwise (as opposed to random shadings here and there, black strokes of ink there to denote hair, etc).

The sex itself is also rather tame, as it's just a few positions over and over again. No bondage, no rape, no poop-eating, no animals, etc. I'm not sure about the second episode (heck, I'm not even sure there is a second episode. I'm confused about this "Lord Mark" guy, as he wasn't in this disc, and TRSI shows this as being the only Lady Innocent there...), but the first one is just filled with pretty, normal sex. So I guess for first-time hentai buyers who don't really know what kind of stuff they like, this would be a good "gateway," as it's pretty much devoid of anything that could possibly offend.

steventheeunuch wrote:
Just a correction as i stroke my pizza-filled nerd beard and refuse to bathe for two weeks in a row, but gigantor is actually an English adaptation of the old Tetsujin-28, so this new Tetsujin-28 is hardly inspired by Gigantor considering it came from..welll.. somewheres else.

Well, the original Tetsujin-28 was called Tetusjin 28-go, but then it was released domestically as Gigantor, which is the name that most people here know it by. And then the new Tetsujin 28 is a remake of Tetsujin 28-go, aka Gigantor for simplicity... I think we're both right, but I think we're talking about them in different terms.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
v1cious wrote:

1) When did I ever say I hated them?
2) I review everything that comes to me. If I only reviewed stuff I liked, what would be the point in that?

Joe Mello wrote:

but you guys have been doing this for awhile, so surely you have a good radar of what's gonna be crap before it goes on the pile, otherwise every obscure title would be reviewed.

... or do the companies just send you guys something and you review it.

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious:
Quote:

Ironic you should bring it up, since Chris Beveridge thinks ANN is too stuck-up to review the genre. He also seemed to give Another Lady Innocent a better score than Bamboo. And for some reason, he tends to rank anything with boobies higher than her too. So I guess we know who's really the shallow one here.

Steve:
Quote:
Just a correction as i stroke my pizza-filled nerd beard

As long as it's just your beard...
Rion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a Hentei in the rental shelf?

Amazing... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha.

I'm actually really surprised to see Another Lady Innocent has been licensed (took me a moment to realize what it was since when I saw it it was called Front Innocent... wonder why the name change...)

Rolling Eyes Definetly one of the most... time wasting things I'd ever personally seen in my life. Though Satoshi Urushihara's artwork is pretty, I suppose that's one of the few reasons to actually bother watching it is if you're a fan of that artist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3