• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Dub Actors

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuroro IX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
*blinks* Um... if Freeman & McGlynn are in it, then that means it matches the cast of GitS: SAC, not the first movie.
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Kuroro IX wrote:
*blinks* Um... if Freeman & McGlynn are in it, then that means it matches the cast of GitS: SAC, not the first movie.

My thoughts exactly. Mimi Woods was Kusanagi and Christopher Joyce was Togusa in the first movie.
totalgeek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Kuroro IX wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Mimi Woods was Kusanagi and Christopher Joyce was Togusa in the first movie.

You know, you would think that whomever wrote that would have taken a moment to read the Encyclopedia entries for GITS and GITS: SAC before posting that on their homepage.

However, I'm glad to hear that the GITS: SAC cast are doing the dub for GITS 2. Hopefully, the English dub will make its way over here to America.
digiengineer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it is the cast from SAC, but is is not the same recording studio (Magnitude 8 Post), director (Mary Elizabeth), or writer (Mary Mason, whom is the writer for the original GiTS movie and SAC). Sad
emory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
digiengineer wrote:
Yes, it is the cast from SAC, but is is not the same recording studio (Magnitude 8 Post), director (Mary Elizabeth), or writer (Mary Mason, whom is the writer for the original GiTS movie and SAC). Sad

A recording studio is just a recording studio though. You can go anywhere to record. I'd like to know who's actually adapting the movie to English. Is it still Animaze, Inc.?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Kuroro IX wrote:

FRICK.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
You know, you would think that whomever wrote that would have taken a moment to read the Encyclopedia entries for GITS and GITS: SAC before posting that on their homepage.

Actually, it went the other way, I checked the entries, called Manga, then filled in the Innocense entries witht he information they sent me, not realising that it didn't match.

Still a stupid, stupid mistake on my part though.

-t
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:

Ironic, because Mimi Woods played Kusanagi Motoko first in Ghost in the Shell, then Shayla-shayla first in El Hazard. These same two roles were reprised by Mary E. McGlynn later on.
When I first watched El Hazard and then later on watch Mary's version of Shayla-shayla, I found Mimi and Mary's voices rather similar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
digiengineer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
digiengineer wrote:

A recording studio is just a recording studio though. You can go anywhere to record. I'd like to know who's actually adapting the movie to English. Is it still Animaze, Inc.?

In the case of dubs, the recording studio plays major roll as to how the dub is produced, not just how it's recorded. Each studio has a staff that handles recording, editing, mixing, in some cases writing, and even a certain amount of directing. GiTS has been recorded, mixed, and written by the same studio since the first movie, and unavoidably there will be a difference in it's sound, writing, and performance despite being the same actors.

To answer question, no, Animaze, Inc. is not involved and was not asked to produce this dub. Furthermore, they had to find out that there was going to be an english dub from this very website.
Traxan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
So the real question is WHEN does it come out?
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Traxan wrote:
So the real question is WHEN does it come out?

February in the UK, dont know about AUS
patch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Think it's great new Mary E. Mcglynn is reprising as Kusanagi. I'm just hoping she is the ADR Director for this.

Think she is a great VA and every english dub that she was ADR director that I have seen all have had exceptional voice work: Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, and of course GiTS: SAC
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Think it's great new Mary E. Mcglynn is reprising as Kusanagi. I'm just hoping she is the ADR Director for this.

She isn't, Richard Epcar is.

-t
Traxan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
The anime seiyu industry is more inbred than an Appalachian mountain town...

Word has it that the English dug will be in foolscreen, not widescreen. Is this true? If so, then the dub is worthless.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:00 am Reply with quote
Traxan wrote:
The anime seiyu industry is more inbred than an Appalachian mountain town...

Word has it that the English dug will be in foolscreen, not widescreen. Is this true? If so, then the dub is worthless.

There'd be absolutely no reason for this movie, in this day and age, to be fullscreen, whereas every other release in the world of every single movie made to widescreen is, infact, in widescreen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3