• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bargain Hunting Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Does Blood- posting in a thread about Blood+ negate the existence of this thread?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Weren't the boxsets always expensive before they went OOP?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote
They were like $70-80 on Amazon, that's for a season, so it was like $2 an episode. They didn't cost that much, but higher then what we're normally used to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Does Blood- posting in a thread about Blood+ negate the existence of this thread?

This triplicate thread was a zero even before I got here. Wink Jesus, do people actually think there is a "Ye Olde Reasonably Priced OOP Online Retailer" out there? Rolling Eyes Hey, anyone know where I can get Fate/ Stay Night brand new for, like, $30? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
DVDPlanet.com

Courtesy of some sort of unadvertised Viz Media sale (also @ DeepDiscount.com) and the upcoming MSRP reduction (from $69.97 to $24.98).

Will ship in 5-10 business days (which means they are currently not in-stock)
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hey, anyone know where I can get Fate/ Stay Night brand new for, like, $30? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah, 2009 Razz
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"Ye Olde Reasonably Priced OOP Online Retailer"

I think we have a new business there!! I can see going to potential investors with your business plan now.

"For most of our stock we will buy up shows that don't sell and store them until there is a demand." "For everything else, we will buy at internet prices and sell at reasonable ones." (That is buy high and sell low)

I'm sure people will rush to invest.

Laughing
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
When I saw the deal on Death Note, I quickly made sure to order. I know I am going to have to wait a bit for it to come back into stock but I can wait for such a good deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I remember when I got them for $25 each two years ago and thought that was a great deal. Blood- thought it was pretty sweet too. It's so cute how he used to use my whole name back then.
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Ordered that Death Note deal. I don't care how long it takes for them to get more stock; that deal is unbeatable.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I remember when I got them for $25 each two years ago and thought that was a great deal. Blood- thought it was pretty sweet too. It's so cute how he used to use my whole name back then.

It was a more innocent time.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting for a good price on those Death Note boxsets. I didn't like it well enough to want to spend much on it, but I've been thinking a rewatch would be fun and this is a great deal.

Thanks for posting it. Anime smile
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Heads up to my fellow Canadians, Amazon.ca is selling Inuyasha Limited Edition Movies Boxset for a mere $21.99 and it is eligable for free shipping with a $25+ purchase. If you took advantage of the crazy Rightstuf Viz sale this would be a great way to complete your collection.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the head's up, Rukiia! I ordered it along with Angel & Faith: Live Through This Volume 1 (which I was going to get anyway) to get free shipping.
supercreep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Thanks for the head's up, Rukiia! I ordered it along with Angel & Faith: Live Through This Volume 1 (which I was going to get anyway) to get free shipping.

Ah, A Buffy/Angel fan? Well writing this I'm currently wearing my Sunny Dale High T shirt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 35