• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Golden Age Arc III Film's 1st Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Epic! Can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd films to make their way to the US.
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
What's the f'ing point of these movies if we're gonna get cut off during the eclipse scene again?

There either has to be another movie made or end part three after the Eclipse ends to make this new trilogy be worth a dam, imo
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
IdeaOfEvil wrote:
What's the f'ing point of these movies if we're gonna get cut off during the eclipse scene again?

There either has to be another movie made or end part three after the Eclipse ends to make this new trilogy be worth a dam, imo

That's kind of my whole issue with these films, they're not exciting when they're mediocre and breakneak paced retellings of a story I've already gone through twice before. They're watchable and tolerable, but also forgettable. This is not the equivalent of what Hellsing Ultimate is doing, it's almost the opposite.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hoping that this adaption is just a first set of trilogy's.
Considering the Golden Age arc is a prequel, they could possibly do another set of trilogy's after this, but adapting a combination of the Black Swordsman and Conviction arcs.
When this was announced to be animated by Studio 4c, art work was leaked, and this one linked to here shows Puck: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929084423/berserk/images/thumb/b/b1/PuckAnimeProject.jpg/593px-PuckAnimeProject.jpg
Could be just concept art before they decided to do the Golden Age arc, but who knows...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
IdeaOfEvil wrote:

I'm pretty sure Miura got tons of Idolm@ster stuff for letting Toshiyuki Kubooka direct.
Etrien

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
I'm really hoping that this adaption is just a first set of trilogy's.
Considering the Golden Age arc is a prequel, they could possibly do another set of trilogy's after this, but adapting a combination of the Black Swordsman and Conviction arcs.
When this was announced to be animated by Studio 4c, art work was leaked, and this one linked to here shows Puck: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929084423/berserk/images/thumb/b/b1/PuckAnimeProject.jpg/593px-PuckAnimeProject.jpg
Could be just concept art before they decided to do the Golden Age arc, but who knows...

Er. Spoilers for the second film: spoiler[The second film already featured Puck, as well as brief cameos by Farnese and Serpico.] This trailer also shows off good ol' Knight o' Skelly. Plus, it was always their intent to follow through with more films after the Golden Age is finished. (The opening animation alone is evidence enough of this.) However, whether or not that comes to be will obviously be based on how profitable these three are.

IdeaOfEvil wrote:

I'd strongly wager that the third movie ends AFTER the Eclipse. (My current guess is that it'll end with spoiler[Guts leaving Casca behind, Dragonslayer in tow, becoming the Black Swordsman.])
Edifiel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Epic! Can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd films to make their way to the US.

I understand you, I'm Russian Release wait even longer. Want to cry Т_Т.
Teaser - masterwork.
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:

I'd strongly wager that the third movie ends AFTER the Eclipse. (My current guess is that it'll end with spoiler[Guts leaving Casca behind, Dragonslayer in tow, becoming the Black Swordsman.])

But there's just so much that has to be animated between the Eclipse and Gutt's even obtaining the Dragonslayer that to just have the movie do a two minute run through at the end would be a disservice to the fans and the material.

Figure from the Eclipse to the Black Knight, the manga showed big key scenarios play out:
spoiler[-Skull Knight fighting Zodd outside of the Eclipse "whirlwind" with Rickert looking on
-Skull Knight crashing through the moon of the Eclipse to rescue Gutts and Casca
-Gutts waking up at the swordmakers home with Casca being brain dead (or whatever) at a nearby well spring, and her fearing Gutts by mere sight
-Casca giving birth to hers/Gutts/Griffith's child and him trying to kill it before it vanished away
-Skull Knight preparing Gutts for the horror his life will now be when the dead start to rise from the shadows and attack (Skull Knight throws his own sword down to Gutts to fight them off with)
-Those alligators attacking the swordmakers home and Gutts being tossed through a secret door where he finds the Black Swordsman weapons and Dragonslayer to fight them off with]

I know nothing about this new trilogy, but I'm guessing that the first three manga's weren't even animated in the first movie and that anything we do see has already been shown in the television series. Personally, as someone who's watched the tv series a good seven times, these movies are a waste of time imo
Etrien

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
I'd say all of that could be sufficiently done in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the film.

Further, spoiler[you can see the Skull Knight fighting Zodd outside the eclipse at 0:35 in the trailer.]

Either way, as far as "having enough time" goes... They've been rushing through and abbreviating the hell out of it thus far. I just have a feeling that they'll end this one a tad further than the anime ended and give it at least a vague semblance of conclusion.

EDIT:

OH. And, if my memory is correct, the teaser of scenes from the third film that played at the end of the second movie included a brief glimpse of spoiler[the Skull Knight crashing through the eclipse.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1