• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation September 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...
Xanas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
Ok.. now to find something to order it with so I can get free shipping since I already pre-ordered their other stuff..
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
You'd probably could ask TRSI's great Customer Service Representatives to add it to one of your other orders. They are fast and friendly whether through e-mail or the live chat. Doing it that way, you do not have to make another order and have to find stuff to reach free shipping.
Xanas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Probably so, but I'm looking for an excuse to spend more money Razz, so I ended up getting TWGOK 2 which I apparently didn't pre-order earlier.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
$42 for Steins;gate isn't terrible, I think I'm going to hold off on pre-ordering it in case there's a sale within the next month or so.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
Well, keep in mind that's $42 for "Part 1" implying there is a "Part 2" although honestly $42 is not high for 13 episodes.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
$42 for Steins;gate isn't terrible, I think I'm going to hold off on pre-ordering it in case there's a sale within the next month or so.

Similar to how you can ask them to add items to your orders, you can also ask Right Stuf's customer service representatives to adjust the prices of your current orders to reflect sales. I've done it before, and it's really handy.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
Well, keep in mind that's $42 for "Part 1" implying there is a "Part 2" although honestly $42 is not high for 13 episodes.

It's more of a I've been able to get 12/13 ep sets for under $38 waiting for things to go on sale. (I got both seasons of TWGOK for $38 each, and IS for $38)

Even if it's just a few bucks it's still a bit cheaper to wait.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
via TRSI...

Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Commentary for Episodes 1 & 12, Akihabara Map, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Steins;Gate

While supplies last, customers ordering this set will also receive a Future Gadget Lab pin!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Steins;Gate

While supplies last, customers ordering this set will also receive a Future Gadget Lab pin!

Looks pretty sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I freakin' knew it! I should've written my guess down somewhere, but I freakin' knew it would be a Future Gadget Lab pin! It's in the show and pretty easy to reproduce after all.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:

AAA Anime wrote:
Cat Planet Cuties: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Alternate) [Street Date: 9/30/2012] $64.98

It looks like this series is the first to get the regular edition (alt SKU) since January 2012. I wouldn't put too much attention to the street date (a Sunday) listed by AAA Anime. What it probably means is that, it will probably be released toward end of September. FUNimation started to solicit LE only since February 2012. I guess it's safe to say that this series is performing well for FUNimation.

The list below are LE releases (released before Cat Planet Cuties) that don't have a regular edition (alt SKU) solicited.
  • 02/07 - Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings: Season 2 [combo LE]
  • 02/28 - Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection [combo LE]
  • 04/03 - Black Butler II: Complete Collection [combo LE]
  • 04/17 - Heaven's Lost Property Forte: Complete Collection [DVD LE]
  • 04/17 - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Part 1 [combo LE]

EDIT: via RACS
Quote:
Funimation let us know this week that they are now completely sold out of the original release version of Cat Planet Cuties (FN-07870), and that a new iteration (FN-07871) will be available to ship to retailers in a couple of weeks. The new version will carry an MSRP that is $5 lower than the original, and I'm told the only other difference is that FN-07871 will be a plain 4 disc amaray version with an O-card instead of being packaging in the nice rigid box.

via RACS
Quote:
Funimation let us know this week that they are now completely sold out of the original release version of Cat Planet Cuties (FN-07870), and that a new iteration (FN-07871) will be available to ship to retailers in a couple of weeks. The new version will carry an MSRP that is $5 lower than the original, and I'm told the only other difference is that FN-07871 will be a plain 4 disc amaray version with an O-card instead of being packaging in the nice rigid box.

EDIT 2: TRSI LE now has a counter of 250 and dropping...
EDIT 3: and the alt SKU is listed @ TRSI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4