• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often does your TRSI order get damaged?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I've never had a problem with their packaging.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:07 am Reply with quote
I've had to deal with broken cases on at least two occasions before, when there is more than one disc and thus, an internal mid-housing (or whatever you call those things that are basically on 'hinges' inside a given case) must be included. The hinges on these tend to arrive broken and thus, turning them like you should be able to (in a similar fashion to a book) gets retarded. Such is one of a very few minor nitpickings that one can level at the company.

Needless to say, I am disappoint when this happens, but as long as the discs themselves aren't damaged, I'm not worried. Besides, I'm in Hawaii; shipping something back to them just for a new case would be a financial bitch that I don't really have the time of day for anyway.

Not sure if TRSI's fault...

...Or just bad handling.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
I've seen enough broken hinges that I think the problem is bad product design on the part of the company that makes the cases.

For what it is worth, I notified TRSI that I got a case with a broken hinge and they sent me a new empty case, I didn't have to return the broken one. Very Happy
Comsr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
shawnek wrote:
If you could also do the same for me, I'll have a look. Certainly we want your packages all to arrive perfectly.
Vendors continue to use cheaper and cheaper cases. We've noticed a lot more loose disc shipments incoming these days. We've tried to explain that saving a couple of cents doesn't offset the extra discs that have to be replaced or tossed.

On your website, you should have something set up so you can buy empty DVD cases. You can bulk order them from Sleeve Town. That would be a way for people to easily order replacement cases without having to search the net for them.
Squid Girl DVD vol1 and Fushigi Yuugi season 1 re-release... Truly awful cases. Sad They won't hold the discs and crack from the slightest pressure. I'd take death-grip Scanavo cases over these any day!
Right Stuf used to have DVD cases for sale, but they were removed a long time ago. However, you may request to repack the discs in a better case to prevent damage. Paper sleeves don't go along with multiple discs.
Ringking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote
I've made about 20 orders to Rightstuf over the last couple of years, usually for 10+ items at a time, and I've only really ever had one issue were an artbox arrived with some large denting and what seemed to be a watermark. It was an older item that had probably been sitting in the warehouse for ages, so I didn't really blame TRSI, sent them an email and got one back not long after telling me that a new one was in the mail (which was fine).

Other than that I've had a little bit of denting of the corners of some artboxes, though I've typically come to expect that from pretty much any retailer when I buy from overseas, and a few floating disks that have come loose in their cases (but which were always i perfectly acceptable condition).

Last edited by Ringking on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
EricDent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
The only item that had damage was one of the blind box items.
Which should be expected of a clearance item like Eureka Seven volume 2 with T-Shirt & manga.

Other than that, never had any problems with them.
lem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
From all of the stuff I've ordered from TRSI in the past 6 years, I think I've had like what? 3? maybe 4? dvd cases arrive with a few teeth missing from the case spindle. And those were from single disc arrivals which weren't stacked inside of a box with an inner sleeve & a layer of paper padding. I've also had a couple of the bigger box orders arrived thrashed and partially crushed, but that extra inner sleeve, and the amount of paper they have in there really does the job of protecting the contents. Certainly no complaints here, just lots of praise for Shawnek and Company. They've been my favorite place to order anime and manga from and will continue to be, well as long as I'm gainfully employed anyway...
manicli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
It's official that my delivery guy hates me because an order arrived with a huge dent in it. Luckily the packaging prevented the contents from getting squashed. I guess I'll pray i get a new delivery guy :p
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well my order didn't get damaged but I just had a problem where they said my credit card was declined.

After going back and forth with them and my bank, it turns out the problem was on their end , their system had gone off line for a few minutes or seconds (I have no idea) and this messed up my order. I am still waiting for it to be resolved.

I guess things like this happen (and they were pleasant about it) but it's still annoying!

Edit: looks like they left a message so hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. Ikoku no Meiro Croisee is on the line darn it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 am Reply with quote
lem wrote:
From all of the stuff I've ordered from TRSI in the past 6 years, I think I've had like what? 3? maybe 4? dvd cases arrive with a few teeth missing from the case spindle. And those were from single disc arrivals which weren't stacked inside of a box with an inner sleeve & a layer of paper padding. I've also had a couple of the bigger box orders arrived thrashed and partially crushed, but that extra inner sleeve, and the amount of paper they have in there really does the job of protecting the contents. Certainly no complaints here, just lots of praise for Shawnek and Company. They've been my favorite place to order anime and manga from and will continue to be, well as long as I'm gainfully employed anyway...

More or less the same for me. Over the 9 years I've shopped with RightStuf I've had a couple of items in similar condition, but they are few and far between. Nearly all of my items arrive in the condition you'd want and expect. I've ordered from a variety of places online and unfortunately expect a loose dvd to arrive every so often, but RightStuf seems to have a much better success rate. Though since I imagine the issue is usually at the factory for most issues, I wonder if RightStuf's staff shake the dvd cases before packing them? Wink
I'll also chime in to say that their customer service is excellent, so I'm sure they can find a way to help.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4